DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Daca approved with juvenile record (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=68258)

Cali1903 07-30-2014 12:59 AM

Daca approved with juvenile record

This week my daca was approved with a juvenile record. I'm from California just wanted to share with everyone who has a juvenile record and was wondering. I'm 25 now but I was in trouble until about 18 then started cleaning my life up. I got into a few fights. Went to juvenile hall few times. I was a ward of the court. Also once I didn't pull over during a traffic stop.. And more things but if you want to know I will answer questions. Point is I cleaned my life up and got approved so I feel I deserve this. Also I did get a lawyer. Total cost of everything for me was around $1300 "lawyer and daca fee"... also I grew up in a bad neighborhood with gangs so I was worried I was labeled being in a gang from family and guys I grew up around. I needed this more then anyone knows I lived a hard life and working so hard to get away from negativity. I hope this helped everyone out there.

Nycgal111 07-30-2014 01:20 AM

Re: Daca approved with juvenile record

Congrats on the approval and getting yourself together and maturing. You got a real good deal with the lawyer, btw. Pretty cheap compared to what others were charged.

Rios16 07-30-2014 05:21 PM

This was a wonderful post for me. I share a very similar experience to what you went through. This being said I had a couple of questions for you. I'm been waiting to be approved since April 8th and wanted to get your take on how long the DACA process was for you. I also wanted to know if you got misdemeanors or felonies. I am worried since my record is only wobbler or felony that is technically a misdemeanor. Hope to read your post soon since your experience shares more insight on DACA than even lawyers can provide.

Cali1903 08-01-2014 02:31 AM

They received all my paperwork in on April30 and was approved July 28th. Also they were felonys but were reduced to misdeamenors. My paper work was sent to Nebraska not sure where yours was sent. My lawyer said my process was really quick and should have taken at least another month. I think you will be approved by next month. And I went to juvenile hall many times. I went for assault with great bodily injury once for a few weeks (beat up some white supremacist really bad)... I liked to fight but now I train in the ring and i learned from my mistakes and have a son now. Also I don't know if you know what ward of the court means but it means that the court had custody of me not my parents. I also did time with ankle monitor on a different charge. Do you want to tell me what it is that your worried about or worried that will show up? I've done alot of things as a juvenile I was expecting to be rejected to tell you the truth..

Cali1903 08-01-2014 02:39 AM

I'm glad I could help you. This was a huge blessing for me and my son. I hope you get approved as well. And yea my lawyer gained alot of experience with this case and I gained alot of knowledge that I'm glad I can share with others.

Cali1903 08-01-2014 02:49 AM

Also my finger prints were taken at the juvenile hall and I was stopped and photographed many times by police for being outside on the street i live which is considered gang turf. I do have many tattoos (sleeves) so you can see why I was worried to be classified. Plain and simple I grew up rough born with a rusty spoon in my mouth. I feel ive come so far I'm going to school and working full time and take care of my son. I needed this so much. I've grown up so much and I hope you have also. Take this opportunity when you get approved and make something great out of your life.

g33k 08-01-2014 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali1903 (Post 536411)
Also my finger prints were taken at the juvenile hall and I was stopped and photographed many times by police for being outside on the street i live which is considered gang turf. I do have many tattoos (sleeves) so you can see why I was worried to be classified. Plain and simple I grew up rough born with a rusty spoon in my mouth. I feel ive come so far I'm going to school and working full time and take care of my son. I needed this so much. I've grown up so much and I hope you have also. Take this opportunity when you get approved and make something great out of your life.

Are you a gang member?

Rios16 08-01-2014 03:22 AM

Yes this was extremely helpful. The reason why I was worried is because I've been to many daca forums and no one with a criminal record has posted that they've been approved. This posting gives me more hope for the future. My crime was a PC 69. It involved preventing an officer from completing his duty by the use of force or threat. Thanks for replying and hopefully everything goes well for you and your family. And yes hopefully they approve me soon since god knows I've been through a lot to just to get a chance to apply. I had all the proof since daca was passed but couldn't apply till April since my home state of Guanajuato would not give the okay to give me a birth certificate. Hoping I have luck and get approved in four months or less like most people who applied in 2014.

Cali1903 08-01-2014 10:55 AM

I'm not a gang member. Let me clear this up. I live on a rough street and have alot of tattoos so you can see why if cops see me walking to store on that street they would stop and ask you questions. If ppl get shot where you live they going to harass anyone who lives on that street. If you have never experienced this situation your not going to understand it. I'm a leader not a follower gang crap isn't for me.

Cali1903 08-01-2014 11:22 AM

We're you charged with a felony for the PC69 and i was born in same state as you GTO. Also ived moved out my moms house since then and live with my gf on a nice calm street it's such a relief. My problems has always been I stick up for other people to much. I'm the guy that always said you mess with my brother you mess with me or you mess with my family you mess with me or you hit your gf/woman in front of me and im going to kick your ass. For example I'm driving home and my brother (a US citizen) was gettin chased by a couple guys with a knife so I get out my car to help him and start fighting with them and cops show up I explain he's my brother so I had to help him I don't care what the drama was about I'm going to help him that doesn't make me a gang member I'm just protecting my dumbass brother. They take a picture of me and info and let me go. That's the kind of bs I was worried about being classified. But to me that was life and death for my dumbass bro and I had to take action not call police that tons of people already had done and were just watching him almost die.