DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Georgia DREAMers (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=15775)

freshh. 07-15-2010 06:50 AM

Georgia DREAMers

I was just curious if any of you guys were getting in-state tuition and if your school has already contacted you about you having to pay out-of-state rates to attend classes.

I haven't heard from my school, yet. And on the news this morning, they were saying that a preliminary check has found that there are about 100 kids in the system that may/may not be undocumented. Basically, they haven't provided their institution with the correct immigration documents.

For lack of better terms, if the shit hits the fan and they tell me that I've got to pay out-of-state tuition, I will be looking into transferring to a private school outside of Georgia. Which is looking more and more probable everyday.

Our attorney is the same guy representing Jessica Colotl. Anyone interested in getting in contact with him, I'll be more than happy to pass on his name and number to you. He's always given us sound advice.

justforthemoment 07-15-2010 10:26 AM

Re: Georgia DREAMers

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshh. (Post 166386)
I was just curious if any of you guys were getting in-state tuition and if your school has already contacted you about you having to pay out-of-state rates to attend classes.

I haven't heard from my school, yet. And on the news this morning, they were saying that a preliminary check has found that there are about 100 kids in the system that may/may not be undocumented. Basically, they haven't provided their institution with the correct immigration documents.

For lack of better terms, if the shit hits the fan and they tell me that I've got to pay out-of-state tuition, I will be looking into transferring to a private school outside of Georgia. Which is looking more and more probable everyday.

Our attorney is the same guy representing Jessica Colotl. Anyone interested in getting in contact with him, I'll be more than happy to pass on his name and number to you. He's always given us sound advice.

Wait, you're not paying out-of-state tuition right now?! I live in GA and I pay out of state at GPC. What school do you go to? But no, I haven't heard anything.

freshh. 07-16-2010 10:31 AM

I go to Georgia State. But, I applied to college when I was 17. That helped me because I told them I was a dependent of my PR father (despite being undocumented), and I also provided them with a copy of the USCIS paperwork that my mother filed with my name listed on it.

The people in financial aid told me the only reason why I was granted instate tuition was because I showed that that I had some pathway to changing my status. With everything that's going on, I don't think I'll still be able to pay that, though. And that sucks because I really only have a year left to finish my degree.

ways 05-07-2013 09:41 AM

how to do you guys pay out of state tuition ?!?!?! they keep telling me i have to pay international student fees :S and this is at Chattahoochee tech

MIdreamer 05-07-2013 01:02 PM

Which private college are you considering? I would think that private college cost a lot more than public university. You can also look into public school in other state, CUNY in New York is pretty "cheap".

Kawi-ZX6R 05-07-2013 05:58 PM

Damn I went to South Eastern Tech and they are telling me I have to pay International student fee. I told them I was paying in state tuition 2 years ago. They told me to bring all my paperwork (Work permit, SSN, License, passport) and they might be able to help me out again.