DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Limbaugh: Undocumented Immigrants Should Get Citizenship But Not Vote For 25 years (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81014)

libertarian1776 02-18-2018 09:33 PM

Limbaugh: Undocumented Immigrants Should Get Citizenship But Not Vote For 25 years

Conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh said he would be happy to support permanent citizenship for all undocumented immigrants—provided they were not granted the fundamental right of citizenship, the right to vote, for up to 25 years.

Limbaugh added that he doubted that Democrats would take such a deal, claiming that liberals are only interested in providing a path to citizenship for the so-called Dreamers and other immigrants because they are more likely to vote Democratic.

“I would be willing, right here, to support an effort to grant permanent citizenship to whatever number of illegal immigrants there are in the country tomorrow if you will make as part of the deal they can’t vote for 15 to 25 years," Limbaugh said on Fox News Sunday. "And if people agree to that, I’ll grant them amnesty."

Limbaugh also suggested that Democrats did not want to see the issue solved because they want to keep “a permanent underclass that is dependent on the government for their survival," apparently forgetting that voting is among the rights included in holding citizenship.

The right-wing pundit, who commented back in 2015 that all immigration, both undocumented and legal, was weakening the U.S., reiterated a familiar conservative argument that suggests attempts by Democrats to aid immigrants are based solely on a desire to win votes.

Democrats have long denied that, but The Washington Post reported that since 1990, naturalized citizens have tended to lean Democratic, with states boasting large foreign-born populations showing increases for Democrat candidates (with several exceptions).

Limbaugh's comments come amid discussions on the future of Dreamers after four immigration bills failed in the Senate this week, including two that would have protected immigrants that Trump put in danger of deportation when he ended his predecessor's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program last year.

Such DACA recipients have been in limbo since Trump axed the program and ordered Congress to come up with a fix by March.

Both parties are optimistic that an agreement can be reached ahead of March 5, when protection for Dreamers expires.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limb...203642777.html

BeansDreamtoo21 02-18-2018 09:45 PM

Re: Limbaugh: Undocumented Immigrants Should Get Citizenship But Not Vote For 25 year

I wouldn't give a fuck if I couldn't vote lol just give me the green card

LiveYourLife 02-18-2018 09:52 PM

Re: Limbaugh: Undocumented Immigrants Should Get Citizenship But Not Vote For 25 year

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDreamtoo21 (Post 692677)
I wouldn't give a fuck if I couldn't vote lol just give me the green card

Same if I ever become a USC I'm not voting or using any USC benefits. I just want to live and work in peace.

tf2legend 02-18-2018 09:56 PM

Give me citizenship and I would be happy not to vote. I'm independent af right now

Lambo Mercy 02-18-2018 10:01 PM

I don’t wanna vote

Got_Daca 02-18-2018 10:03 PM

I will up you one more

Give me GC i will vote Republican for life

JayR9 02-18-2018 10:06 PM

I don't care about voting. But he's a lying little shit. If the deal ever happen he wouldn't throw his support (even though it means shit).

DreamerSD23 02-18-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayR9 (Post 692684)
doubt any of us care about voting. But he's a lying little shit. If the deal ever happen he wouldn't throw his support (even though it means shit).

I care about voting.

vft1008 02-18-2018 10:08 PM

I want to vote and being able to vote as a citizen is important to me so I can at least do my part in the election process. Elections have consequences.... Look at dumb fuck Trump.

Also, fat fuck Limbaugh is scared of growing minority populations supporting more progressive and democratic leaning views. So let's legalize as few people as possible and keep them second class citizens.

IamAman 02-18-2018 10:08 PM

lol so you happily want to be literal 2nd class citizens? No self respect huh? Even hypothetically speaking you guys see yourselves as not good enough? That's like having superhero fantasies where you're the sidekick. Come on.

If I ever get the chance to vote, I will vote the first day I'm allowed to. There's going to be a lot of payback.