DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   October Applicants (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32301)

Kaisaurus 09-30-2012 12:44 PM

October Applicants

Hi everyone I thought I'd make a thread for us october applicants.

I finally got all my paperwork and mailed out my packet on saturday morning in New Jersey. I sent it priority mail expected delivery 10/2/2012 to chicago lockbox.

Its funny I was so worried about the what ifs but as soon as I mailed it out, it felt soooo right and I'm happy I did it.

Good luck everyone!!!

VJB2 09-30-2012 01:20 PM

Re: October Applicants

Good luck.

WillHayes 09-30-2012 02:40 PM

I hope to be an October applicant. I'm still waiting on my bank statements.

One more thing. I'm gonna move by the end of October. Should I wait to send mine in after I move, or is the address update system reliable???

texIan 09-30-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillHayes (Post 322513)
I hope to be an October applicant. I'm still waiting on my bank statements.

One more thing. I'm gonna move by the end of October. Should I wait to send mine in after I move, or is the address update system reliable???

You can always notify USCIS that you moved and they can update your address. There is a link on their home page on how to do that.

WillHayes 09-30-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texIan (Post 322521)
You can always notify USCIS that you moved and they can update your address. There is a link on their home page on how to do that.

But is it reliable, is what I'm asking?? I don't want them to deliver the paperwork to the wrong address.

Kaisaurus 10-01-2012 04:05 PM

I think it is reliable. and at the end of the day its better to have you packet out and processing than waiting. I'm actually going to be moving soon so I'll notify Uscis and make sure I do an address change with the post office. If it is sent to your old address it will be returned to the post office. So if you're going to be in the same general area that shares one post office you can periodically check with them to see if any mail was returned for you.

If you're still worried I would call the Uscis hotline and find out if there is a way to confirm they have received your address change or make an appointment to speak with someone at the office. I actually was able to make an appointment online and the process was quick,easy and they gave me a choice of times and dates.

Kaisaurus 10-01-2012 04:11 PM

Just checked the post office and my packet was delivered today at 2:26pm 1 day earlier than expected. woo hoo!! I wonder if it will get redirected to another office.

Now I'm patiently waiting for my g-1145 confirmation.

lastro 10-01-2012 04:12 PM

Good Luck.

Tovicmar 10-01-2012 04:14 PM

I hope everything goes well.
Good luck...

Kaisaurus 10-01-2012 04:22 PM

thanks you too!!!