DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How does it make u feel when...? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3990)

frbc13 03-29-2007 12:58 PM

How does it make u feel when...?

People you trust and sometimes consider your friends talk crap about undocumented immigrants without even knowing you are one.
when they say those kind of things that make you feel uncomfortable, it's happened to me quite a few times and it sucks :? :(

HOPEFULDREAMER 03-29-2007 05:56 PM

It makes me feel like total crap. It's not like you can really speak up too passionately because then they start to wonder and urgh....I hate the question..."So do you have papers?"

Like last week [excerpt from a conversation w/ some friends]:

My guy friend that proposed the idea: "So guys...summer's almost here. Let's totally score some vacay time at CANCUN!" [uproarious excitement from everyone but me]
Me: "Oh, I can't make it. You know...school and stuff"
My guy friend: "C'mon. Just for the weekend. Miss like a Monday or something. It won't kill you". Everyone else in unison: "Yeah!"
Me: "Maybe next summer. I'm gonna be pretty busy. You know...can't miss a bio lab class..."
My guy friend: "[laughter]....awww [insert my name here]....are you THAT scared of La Migra (aka "immigration officers")?! [laughter]"
Me: [awkward laughter]:"Yeah....you got me"
Everyone else laughs.

Forward to me sipping my Sunkist soda extremely quick to calm down from the nervousness of the mere mention of "immigration". And me hurriedly switching the subject from Cancun to going to Orlando instead for vacation. Of course, that didn't work so I'll be here all by myself while my friends are in their 4 day vacation down in Cancun, enjoying their asses off.

[insert expletive....think the "f-word"] lol....

rock steady 03-29-2007 07:02 PM

Hmm... I would say about the same as getting kicked in the nuts with a steel-toed boot.

cestlavie 03-29-2007 08:28 PM

something that left me puzzled was when one time i was talking about working at a department store w/ my friend and all of a sudden he say "but you need papers to work there" and i said i know............. and then i changed the topic quickly but it left me wondering HOW the hell did he know?????? i NEVER told him. hella weird. am i that obvious or something?sometimes i get paranoid and start thinking that everyone around me knows but they won't say anything to me.

HOPEFULDREAMER 03-29-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock steady
Hmm... I would say about the same as getting kicked in the nuts with a steel-toed boot.

couldn't have said it better...=)

even though I don't have nuts...but I can just imagine XD

crassrock 03-30-2007 12:53 AM

all my friends know.
and only one person has talked smack to my face.
but my friends took care of that..

ptv crew.

thats why its nice having big friends. haha

juang 03-30-2007 02:11 AM

I don't feel bad, specially because I'm the one talking smack. Sometimes it's funny how people react.

crassrock 03-30-2007 03:43 PM

well it depends on who you talk smack to. if its like friendly. talk like friends saying la migra and joking around like that i dont care i do that all the time.
but if it someone i dont know and i feel he is serious then. i wont stand idle by.
like in the last situation. me and my friends were at a show and had . anit minute man shirts..
so this othe guy and their friends starting talking smack in general towards us cuz of that and thing lead to thing.
it all ended in a fight.
anyways this leads me to a question..

does anyone think violence is ever justified..?

juang 03-31-2007 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crassrock

does anyone think violence is ever justified..?

Does the answer really matter? Live life because it is too short.

NayelyLimon 03-31-2007 01:23 AM

Yeah my friends know too, I really dont care what they think but it does make me feel a bit more uncomfortable to know that they have traveled to alot of places that I am not able to. It sux and puts me down a bit, but F**k it what can we do but keep fighting.