DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Wow, there are people like me out there... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=6400)

A-Mart 11-06-2007 04:16 AM

Wow, there are people like me out there...

I just want to say that it's very uplifting to find this forum with people that are going through the same stuff I'm going through. I'd been feeling depressed and angry with my situation lately and through this site I realize I'm not alone.

I guess let me tell you guys about myself.

My name's Aaron and I was born in Monterrey, Mexico. I currently live in Austin, Texas. I came to the US when I was 8 or 9 (I don't even remember. That's sad). I'm very lucky to live in the state of Texas. I have a driver's license, go to college, and even receive financial aid for college. I'm a business admistration major.

I'm just trying to live my life as "normal" as possible. However, lately I've been getting really anxious. I know that one day I will graduate and unless the DREAM Act passes, I may not be able to find a job here. I've thought about moving back to Mexico and starting my life again from scratch, but that would mean leaving my friends and family here. I really don't want to do that. Also, I'm too "Americanized" to move down there. :)

We need this bill to pass, guys. I'm tired of my dad pressuring me into marrying someone so I can legallize myself here. :D

pingpong abyss 11-07-2007 12:43 AM

boooo Austin.

But welcome to DAP, anyway.

hrvatica13 11-07-2007 12:59 AM

Welcome to the forum, Aaron!

Mbluparadise 11-07-2007 01:24 AM

Welcome Aaron :) :D :D

RahmanIV 11-07-2007 01:56 AM

Welcome Aaron. Trust me, all of us feel comforted knowing there are other people in the same boat. Misery loves company.

Help us pass DREAM.

DREAMAct01 11-07-2007 01:58 AM

Welcome Aaron. I used to live in Austin. Now I live in Temple which is like 60 miles north of Austin. I'm just wondering but did you come here on a visa? If not, how did you get your DL?

triton 11-07-2007 02:14 AM

Welcome to DAP!

May I ask how you were able to receive financial aid?

cadman 11-07-2007 04:33 AM

Re: Wow, there are people like me out there...

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Mart
I just want to say that it's very uplifting to find this forum with people that are going through the same stuff I'm going through. I'd been feeling depressed and angry with my situation lately and through this site I realize I'm not alone.

I guess let me tell you guys about myself.

My name's Aaron and I was born in Monterrey, Mexico. I currently live in Austin, Texas. I came to the US when I was 8 or 9 (I don't even remember. That's sad). I'm very lucky to live in the state of Texas. I have a driver's license, go to college, and even receive financial aid for college. I'm a business admistration major.

I'm just trying to live my life as "normal" as possible. However, lately I've been getting really anxious. I know that one day I will graduate and unless the DREAM Act passes, I may not be able to find a job here. I've thought about moving back to Mexico and starting my life again from scratch, but that would mean leaving my friends and family here. I really don't want to do that. Also, I'm too "Americanized" to move down there. :)

We need this bill to pass, guys. I'm tired of my dad pressuring me into marrying someone so I can legallize myself here. :D

Welcome Aaron!!! btw thats my name too....

How in the hell do you have a license may I ask? Start your own business or something! I mean having a license is one of the main necessities in order to move around. Learn another skill for now that you could freelance in, like creating web pages, graphic design, etc. sell computers, anything! this will hold you over until Dream passes.

Financial aid? You are one lucky SOB :evil:

MariaG1987 11-07-2007 09:40 AM

Aaron.. I love that name. Anyway, welcome to DAP!

DREAMAct01 11-07-2007 10:32 AM

I think I may know how he got a license. I think back then, I don't know when this was changed, a SSN wasn't required to get a license. All that one needed to do was apply for a SSN and then if it was denied, then they could've obtained a driver's license. About the financial aid, that I have no idea how he got.