DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Paul Ryan's Progressive Challenger Randy Bryce Arrested Demanding Dream Act (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81228)

MIdreamer 03-06-2018 04:47 PM

Paul Ryan's Progressive Challenger Randy Bryce Arrested Demanding Dream Act

Quote:

The progressive congressional candidate Randy "Ironstache" Bryce, a possible challenger to House Speaker Paul Ryan in November, told the press that his support for immigrants was "absolutely" worth being arrested

byJulia Conley, staff writer
6 Comments

Randy Bryce, who is challenging House Speaker Paul Ryan in November's midterm election, was intentionally arrested in Racine, Wisconsin on Monday at a protest demanding protection for Dreamers. (Photo: @kenklippenstein/Twitter)

Two Democratic challengers—including outspoken progressive Randy "Ironstache" Bryce—who hope to oust Speaker of the House Paul Ryan in his home Wisconsin district this November were among the nearly dozen immigrant rights advocates arrested outside Ryan's offices in Racine on Monday.

Bryce and Myers joined about 200 community members, including many high school students, to demand that Ryan allow representatives to vote on a clean Dream Act, which would allow young undocumented immigrants to attend school and work as part of a pathway to citizenship.

When a local reporter asked Bryce if his support for immigrants was worth being detained, he replied, "Absolutely."

"We cannot be silent on DACA," said State Rep. JoCasta Zamarripa, who was also arrested. "We will march. We will call. We will email & tweet. We will sit in nonviolent protest. And we will vote. You’re either on the side of humanity or against it."

Monday marked the day President Donald Trump had decided DACA—the Obama-era executive order which offered protection to young immigrants in the absence of the Dream Act—would officially end, before a Supreme Court ruling last month delayed the deadline.

Bryce will challenge Ryan in the November midterm election, should he win Wisconsin's Democratic primary in August. The union ironworker raised $1.2 million in the fourth quarters of 2017, with donations flooding in from across the country and averaging $24-25 each.

On social media, Ironstache supporters praised Bryce for his activism on the front lines of the fight to protect young immigrants.
https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...those-arrested

We need more progressives in the government. They know how to fight.

2MoreYears 03-06-2018 06:17 PM

Re: Paul Ryan's Progressive Challenger Randy Bryce Arrested Demanding Dream Act

ma man!!

ladreamer1998 03-06-2018 06:35 PM

I believe he stands a chance. Ryan is pretty much untouchable when it comes to primaries but not general election's.

Pianoswithoutfaith 03-06-2018 06:53 PM

And his political party is: Political party
Democratic

"but but but democratic are worse than republicans!! I am voting republican when I can because I am so bitter and angry at democrats!!"

dtrt09 03-06-2018 07:35 PM

#ProgressiveCaucus

john_smith 03-07-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 696357)
And his political party is: Political party
Democratic

"but but but democratic are worse than republicans!! I am voting republican when I can because I am so bitter and angry at democrats!!"

Good cuz it's a Republican who's going to deport you

catportal 03-07-2018 12:40 AM

Random guy makes useless gesture, let’s vote Dumbocrat guys! Remember Lyin’ Pelosi “we won’t leave for Christmas without Dreamer fix” gave us that useless “magic minute”. Wish someone had just told her to sit down and shut up.

JayR9 03-07-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catportal (Post 696438)
Random guy makes useless gesture, let’s vote Dumbocrat guys! Remember Lyin’ Pelosi “we won’t leave for Christmas without Dreamer fix” gave us that useless “magic minute”. Wish someone had just told her to sit down and shut up.

well we can't vote so...lets pretend, if you could influence the election who are you going to campaign for?

Pianoswithoutfaith 03-07-2018 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayR9 (Post 696440)
well we can't vote so...lets pretend, if you could influence the election who are you going to campaign for?

He will campaign for a Republican, he has stated that many times before