DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Call to action for ARMS Act supporters: contact the GOP candidates (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26559)

Smooth 02-27-2012 04:48 PM

Call to action for ARMS Act supporters: contact the GOP candidates

Guys,

I think we need to counter those who are complaining about the ARMS Act. I believe that we should let it be known that there are some of us who do support the military path to legalization so long as the DREAMERS with "severe" medical conditions are also provided relief.

Smooth 02-27-2012 05:09 PM

Re: Call to action for ARMS Act supporters: contact the GOP candidates

Maybe, flooding the twitter accounts of Newt, Romney, and Santorum (who, yes, also supports the military path to legalization) is an effective strategy to get the attention of the candidates.

cacheton011 02-27-2012 10:08 PM

If you love the idea so much, why don't you start your own site and call it: ARMSACT.INFO ?

That way you'll be able to see just how many people support the military option for legalization.

Smooth 02-28-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cacheton011 (Post 247160)
If you love the idea so much, why don't you start your own site and call it: ARMSACT.INFO ?

That way you'll be able to see just how many people support the military option for legalization.

The site was already created by someone else. But, perhaps ARMS ACT posts might change some people's way of thinking.

danieltij 03-02-2012 12:42 AM

theres an armsact.tk

kingsam73 03-04-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

I support it, and i support the idea of adding something that will also benefit people who can't join the military. Anyways, some of us who have the balls to join the military support it. We're also smarter than all of you peeps who think you need to sign up for a combat position to join the military.

cacheton011 03-04-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsam73 (Post 247402)
I support it, and i support the idea of adding something that will also benefit people who can't join the military. Anyways, some of us who have the balls to join the military support it. We're also smarter than all of you peeps who think you need to sign up for a combat position to join the military.

If you were smart you would know that this bill has no chance of passing. Most people who join the military do so because they don't have a lot of options: can't find a job, need the benefits, simply can't make it in school. Trust me, all of my buddies in the military barely finished high school......even with my help.

Enough said.

kingsam73 03-05-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

If you were smart you would know that this bill has no chance of passing.
I call B.S. on that one. The Repubs are basically war-mongers and we're already involved in wars. There's no denying the need of more armed forces. Possible war in Iran increases the need. Anyways, did you know that the Air Force only accepts the smartest people? They have very important positions that they ain't gonna give to idiots who barely finished high school. That is where i'd be applying if this bill does pass.

obsolete101891 03-06-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsam73 (Post 247448)
I call B.S. on that one. The Repubs are basically war-mongers and we're already involved in wars. There's no denying the need of more armed forces. Possible war in Iran increases the need. Anyways, did you know that the Air Force only accepts the smartest people? They have very important positions that they ain't gonna give to idiots who barely finished high school. That is where i'd be applying if this bill does pass.

I have friends in the Air Force who are absolute dumb asses. They are either alcoholics or spend all damn day smoking spice. Every branch of the military is equally as important. You couldn't enlist in the Air Force anyways. They don't accept conditional residents. And even as a Permanent resident you would be either guarding a fence or helping people pack their shit to move to another base. Trust me buddy. I know what I'm talking about. Even the Army has only a few jobs for Permanent residents.

Look

http://www.army-portal.com/jobs/index.html

kingsam73 03-07-2012 12:33 PM

Oh well, i'd be happy if it just passes. I wouldn't care if i got kitchen cleaner as a job (i know its not a real job). I just want that dam future.