DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80528)

BeansDreamtoo21 01-25-2018 12:44 AM

Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca.

All of the bills coming out requires you to be registered in the military selective service if you are a male. It falls under good moral.

Since you probably don't have a ssn go to your local postal service center and ask for a selective service form.

It might take 3 months for you to get the proof of registration in your mail.

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-25-2018 12:45 AM

Re: Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca.

You have to do it before turning 26 wont wait up. If you have an SSN, go to ss and check to see if you are registered

Jose89 01-25-2018 02:26 AM

Do it people.

CUSenior 01-25-2018 02:45 AM

And in the event that a war starts with Korea and they establish the draft, tell the recruiters (or whoever is in charge of the military), that you intend to have nightly gay orgies in the barracks. DADT may have been repealed but they sure as hell are not drafting you if you pull that crap.

CUSenior 01-25-2018 02:46 AM

But seriously sign up the Selective Service or there is no way you are going to get your green card from a potential Dreamer deal.

Resistant 01-25-2018 11:49 AM

I didn’t and def wont in the future (because I’m already 28.5 years old anyways), and I doubt I’ll be rejected in any future legislative relief.

CUSenior 01-25-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resistant (Post 680930)
I didn’t and def wont in the future , and I doubt I’ll be rejected in any future legislative relief.

Okay. Good luck. Though I think If you got a DL after you were 18, you might have already been registered so you might want to check on the SS website.

Resistant 01-25-2018 12:13 PM

And out of curiosity were in any if the introduced bills does it require for us to be regestired with SS? I ask because I must have missed those parts on all the DACA bills.

Whereisthelight 01-25-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUSenior (Post 680876)
And in the event that a war starts with Korea and they establish the draft, tell the recruiters (or whoever is in charge of the military), that you intend to have nightly gay orgies in the barracks. DADT may have been repealed but they sure as hell are not drafting you if you pull that crap.

I told the recruiters that I'm asthmatic and I never heard from them again.

BeeHive 01-25-2018 01:45 PM

Is this strictly for men? Or do women have to do it?