DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   reminder march 21 proamerica march (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14022)

915aero 03-09-2010 02:19 PM

reminder march 21 proamerica march

hef107 03-09-2010 05:40 PM

Re: reminder march 21 proamerica march

What exactly is the March? Nationwide?

melpw 03-09-2010 07:46 PM

that is the anniversary of the afghanistan or iraq war pretty sure.
there are a lot of nationwide protests going on for that , so i think march 21 wouldnt be the best day to have a march. we're still pretty unorganized in that

915aero 03-11-2010 12:20 AM

915aero 03-11-2010 12:39 AM

IvanR017 03-11-2010 03:11 AM

The march is very well organized. From the last i heard there was around 60-80 thousand people confirmed to attend. It is taking place in DC in the National Mall. There are smaller actions taking place throughout the country.

melpw 03-12-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 915aero (Post 152804)
no, no way about the the wars thats a huge can of worms lets not get into that cuz we'd just make a mess, no what im talking about is the march for CIS comprehensive immigration reform being pushed by Obama, lately with health reform losing ted kennedy's seat, and just general lies being spread by republicans and douchebags like o'reilly they've had to stall on more 'liberal' promises,

but its not only upto Obama or Democrats, its up to people like us, the Democrats know the biggest minority is going to be hispanics, they rely on the hispanic vote, and i think here is where we could capitalize with events like the pro america march to turn the focus into immigration reform, and put a bit more pressure, just to remind the Dems and Obama, dont you guys remember in 06 and 07 how even racist bush was forced to address it and hint at some type of reform?

so far Obama hasnt gone back on it, simply let it slide, i think they know short term its risky, but long term they'd pretty much guarantee Hispanics voting Dem. a good 50 years, as it is hispanics are pretty good voting them, at the very least those grateful for being given the right to come out of the shadows,

the immigration pro america march are one of the main organizers and they really need help seems most hispanics arent too interested in helping, its not something that affects most citizens and frankly it aint a cool topic to talk about, but thank god theres still some that care...

I said that day lots of anti war organizations are holding grand scale protests for the iraq/afghanistan occupations, I know here in seattle and, SF, DC, and New york theres gonna be marches going on for that the weekend of 20-21 of march , I dont know how many people will be attending the immigration march but Im thinking most of the news coverage for that day will go to the war protesters. I know thats what I'll be doing on march 21st.

915aero 03-14-2010 03:41 AM

IvanR017 03-14-2010 02:46 PM

they are expecting huge numbers for this, so i don't think it will get overshadowed.

there are smaller actions going on around the nation. There is a march scheduled for the 27th in LA. i will post more specifics once i find them.

warhound 03-16-2010 07:09 AM

Are people on this forum attending the rally in DC ?

If so do you guys want to get together ? might be nice to see some of the faces on this forum...

Another thing, where exactly am I trying to land in DC ? where exactly in DC is the rally taking place ?

Thanks.