DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Plan B - Forget the politicians. It's our turn now. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19105)

pimentel2 12-18-2010 03:40 PM

Plan B - Forget the politicians. It's our turn now.

The Dream Act, has failed, as we all know. It was a bill, about justice and fairness, but we must realize, this is in our hands now! Every journey, begins with a single step. Forget the politicians! This is our journey, the quest for freedom and our own rights! Don't rely on politicians. You fight for your own rights. Through peaceful protests, and having influential speakers on your side. We shall prevail, as history shows. The spotlight is on us, now. Whether they like it, or not.

IDim 12-18-2010 07:04 PM

Re: Plan B - Forget the politicians. It's our turn now.

We kind of need the politicians.

Marco956 12-18-2010 07:52 PM

Its not as easy as it sounds, remember we are not here legally and can be sent back to our native country anytime. So implying to act like the civil rights movement is a bit far fetched given our situation, I mean we cant even get out of the damn state without being asked for damn papers! FUCK IM SAD

dexcess 12-18-2010 09:02 PM

I think what we need is a MASSIVE boycott.

cooltalker 12-18-2010 10:31 PM

All 2.1 millions of us need to get together at DC.

Sorry, if my comment is too radical. I don't know what to think.

pimentel2 12-18-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexcess (Post 199763)
I think what we need is a MASSIVE boycott.

Good idea, but, what do we boycott?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooltalker (Post 199920)
All 2.1 millions of us need to get together at DC.

Sorry, if my comment is too radical. I don't know what to think.

It might be radical, but it isn't far fetched. Look, we may be "illegal", but that doesn't mean that we can't exercise one of our few rights, free speech. Look, if we don't act, don't expect an immigration bill anytime soon.

We're illegal through no fault of our own, and punishing us because of our fathers' offenses is morally wrong, and in my opinion, also violating human rights.

Look at the truth. We aren't seeing an immigration bill at best for another 2-4 years. And who knows if the GOP won't pass some radical deportation measure?

pimentel2 12-18-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDim (Post 199580)
We kind of need the politicians.

Yeah, your right. But, we kind of need to heavily convince them. And not through phone calls this time...

dexcess 12-18-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimentel2 (Post 199956)

Look at the truth. We aren't seeing an immigration bill at best for another 2-4 years. And who knows if the GOP won't pass some radical deportation measure?

That's so true, they could be like "Hey you know what Jan Brewer, you're absolutely right, let's make AZ's bigoted law a federal law."

pimentel2 12-18-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexcess (Post 200000)
That's so true, they could be like "Hey you know what Jan Brewer, you're absolutely right, let's make AZ's bigoted law a federal law."

Yep, and I think that's more than likely to happen. Which is why, we must....act NOW! (Get everything organized, right?)

Rep. Guiterrez wants to take this fight to the streets, so lets do so! This, is step 1, to our victory.

ppl_man 12-19-2010 12:00 AM

people stop being so cynical right now.
wake up.
we are fucking undocumented. the public will not fucking care if we all act IRRATIONALLY.

get it?
end this stupid discussion already. keep the pressure on the senators and make them work with each other.