DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anybody false claimed us citizenship (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=29509)

8Vg5R 08-15-2012 08:58 AM

delete it

delete

greentea 08-15-2012 09:05 AM

Re: Anybody false claimed us citizenship

When he falsely claimed us citizenship, did he also falsify the social security number?

8Vg5R 08-15-2012 09:13 AM

delete

Nic89 08-15-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Vg5R (Post 276208)
No, he said he forgot and didn't bring ssn with him when they asked one. I'm also a little curious how the school administrator can believe one as us citizen without verifying ssn.

You should be fine....they will not going to your college and ask for application, longest it was not in gov't data.

8Vg5R 08-15-2012 09:46 AM

delete

IamAman 08-15-2012 10:08 AM

I've mentioned this before and even cited reference to it and was shouted down. There are few things in life that have absolutely no defense. Even murderers have some sort of defense. Claiming US citizenship however is an unforgivable sin under the law so do not under any circumstance readily offer up documents that has shown you did this whether it's a job application or tax form. At least talk to a lawyer about it because obviously I'm not one...neither are you.

-Bitter 37 year old Dreamer

Swim19 08-15-2012 10:15 AM

This was actually asked during the teleconference yesterday. Their answer was it did not automatically disqualify you for this relief and that they would look at the totality of your case. That being said I agree with IamAman, don't submit anything that clearly shows you lied about claiming US citizenship

8Vg5R 08-15-2012 10:35 AM

delete

IamAman 08-15-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Vg5R (Post 276250)
His transcripts don't show claiming US citizenship, so he's not revealing it on application if he applies. However, they might be able to find out about it on background check.

We all have skeletons in our closet if a big enough magnify glass is used. I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's not documented.

dtrt09 08-15-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 276234)
I've mentioned this before and even cited reference to it and was shouted down. There are few things in life that have absolutely no defense. Even murderers have some sort of defense. Claiming US citizenship however is an unforgivable sin under the law so do not under any circumstance readily offer up documents that has shown you did this whether it's a job application or tax form. At least talk to a lawyer about it because obviously I'm not one...neither are you.

-Bitter 37 year old Dreamer

Candid honesty is so refreshing...It really, really bites that people who aged out were excluded, but 30-31 year old school dropouts will get this so that they can go back and get a GED. I know dozens upon dozens, mostly female, individuals who will qualify for this and dropped out of school. 95% of them have spent the time since having multiple children that neither they , nor their partner(s) can afford. Their healthcare was covered by working taxpayers, their children's expenses are covered by taxpayers, and now, their poor choices will be forgiven and they will get this benefit. I am as progressive as they come, but I do value independence and productivity, and the people I am talking about are neither of the two.