DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ignorant and Hypocrtical DREAMers of "Please Speak English You're in America" (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84113)

BestBefore1984 01-12-2020 04:50 PM

Ignorant and Hypocrtical DREAMers of "Please Speak English You're in America"

Last night my wife and I requested an Lyft from San Mateo, California to Mountain View California (Where we live). About a 25 min ride. We had a beautiful human moment that put things in perspective. Specifically, I am referring to the Nativist sentiment that some Dreamers here seem to strongly believe in. See my post here for reference: http://dreamact.info/forum/showpost....6&postcount=12

What happened: This very nice lady picked us up. She ended up going to the wrong pick up spot, but it was actually my bad. When my wife and I entered the car, she apologized profusely. Based on her name, accent, and appearance — I thought I was about to get a good opportunity to practice my Russian or Ukrainian. She actually said “Sorry my English is no good I’m from Brazil….”

Boom, My wife has been studying Portuguese and I know some from passive learning and the similarities between Spanish and Portuguese. When the wife and I uttered a few phrases, she was pleased to know we were Spanish speakers. This is where things got fun. In Spanish, I informed her that we can speak to her in Spanish and she can speak to us in Portuguese. Long story short, we were able to carry a 25 min conversation completely using two different languages.

Why am I bringing this up? Imagine if I carried some of the Natavist sentiment that DREAMers here seem to carry? This interaction would not have happened. From these Natavist point of view, I would say “Sorry Lyft driver. Please learn English. I don’t need to accommodate to YOU because you’re in America and you SHOULD know English.” The human connection in this instance may not have occurred in the way that it did.

So this morning I started to reflect on our conversation, again from this post regarding FORCING or dictating WHAT language migrants/immingrants should learn/speak in this country.

Listen. I speak English without a ‘foreign’ accent. I speak the Queen’s English sans the British accent (what I am highlighting here is that if you speak to me on the phone without knowing my demographic data, you’d expect I was a white nigga).

I am not highlighting this to ‘toot my own horn’ (maybe just a little). But what I really want to emphasis here is the ignorance of some of you so called “DREAMers”

What do I mean?: Well. If you’re a DACA that has a thick fucking foreign accent and you’re in this country screaming that people SHOULD learn English — I’d like for you to take a step back. For example: If you’re Indian bobbing your head speaking a terrible variation of the English language that no one understands or your parents do —and you finish your sentence with “Ok, ok, ok” (whilst bobbing your head). Like “Oh my friend. You should really speak English. OK OK OK” Or if you’re Korean/Chinese/Japanese/Bietnam Doooo and you say “Oh herro mista Mesican. You leally LEALLY need to realn uh da Engrish ranguage. You rive in Amelica. We euhspeak the Engrish language hele. Ok Hunny?” Or you’re a black man/woman from Africa and you come in here with your THICH fucking accent. Let me tell ya eyyyy coco willy ‘click click’ speak da English language mon. We gotta be like da white man mon ‘click click click’.

If you belong to one of the IGNORANT group of people I mentioned above or a variation of that. Do me a favor. Go back to your shithole country that your boy aka your Natvist in Chief (Trump) calls it and the ignorant white folks like Biden who have ZERO fucking clue on sociolinguistic manners and focus on your accent or your parents accent. You’re not speaking English. You are bastardizing it.

I normally would say, being that we are all DACA DREAMers here, I’d offer you free accent reduction lessons, because I know with almost 100% accuracy WHY you speak with an accent and how we can funnel your cemented phonological constraints and work on your phonetics in such a way that you speak like a REAL American.

But if you’re still too ignorant to see that these policies and mindset are toxic —which could be simply either your ignorance or lack of understanding on socialignustic matters (I hope it’s the latter) and if its the former…look:

I am not a perfect person by any matter. I am not the best version of myself that I can be (I continue to work on that everyday) —but you don’t even deserve to get on your knees and blow me. So a big fuck you to you ignorant Natavist mentality. You want others to speak English? Well look in the mirror, look at your family, and if they speak with a foreign accent —you’re failing YOUR duty to learn the English language and it’s phonetic inventory. You’re not learning English and you should leave this country immieetely and self deport.

You’re not liked by the white nativist man that you are trying to appease and now you’re disliked by the immigrant community that continues to improve this fucking beautiful country we live in.

As a white illegal wetback immigrant Mexican that speak English above 99% of the population, I shouldn’t be the one calling you out for your ignorance. YOU should be the one backing the immigrant community and making a better understanding why forcing people learn a language is not only ignorant, it goes against American ideals of personal freedom.

If you meet the above criteria...

You get three middle fingers. One from my white wife, me a white latino with a great handle of the English language, and my boy from the DEEP south, where Nativism is prevalent.

https://i.ibb.co/xJk3DtP/3lx59z.jpg

That is all.

BestBefore1984 01-12-2020 05:20 PM

Re: Ignorant and Hypocrtical DREAMers of "Please Speak English You're in America"

For those of you that are genuinely curious and also for the so called "I'm above all Immigrants because I speak English yet don't understand English terms because I'm an ignorant immigrant" here is a definition of Navatism:

nativism
[ ney-ti-viz-uh m ]
Written in the International Phonetic Alphabet: / ˈneɪ tɪˌvɪz əm /
• noun
1. the policy of protecting the interests of native inhabitants against those of immigrants.
2. the policy or practice of preserving or reviving an indigenous culture.
3. Philosophy. the doctrine that innate ideas exist.
4. innateness hypothesis.

Unlike your Natavist in Chief Donald J Trump I'll cite my sources because to me -- Truth and facts are more important than political affiliation
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/nativism

sociolinguistics
[ soh-see-oh-ling-gwis-tiks, soh-shee- ]
Written in the International Phonetic Alphabet: / ˌsoʊ si oʊ lɪŋˈgwɪs tɪks, ˌsoʊ ʃi- /
• noun (used with a singular verb)
1. the study of language as it functions in society; the study of the interaction between linguistic and social variables.

DogJuiceMan 01-12-2020 08:56 PM

Re: Ignorant and Hypocrtical DREAMers of "Please Speak English You're in America"

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 744278)
Last night my wife and I requested an Lyft from San Mateo, California to Mountain View California (Where we live). About a 25 min ride. We had a beautiful human moment that put things in perspective. Specifically, I am referring to the Nativist sentiment that some Dreamers here seem to strongly believe in. See my post here for reference: http://dreamact.info/forum/showpost....6&postcount=12

What happened: This very nice lady picked us up. She ended up going to the wrong pick up spot, but it was actually my bad. When my wife and I entered the car, she apologized profusely. Based on her name, accent, and appearance — I thought I was about to get a good opportunity to practice my Russian or Ukrainian. She actually said “Sorry my English is no good I’m from Brazil….”

Boom, My wife has been studying Portuguese and I know some from passive learning and the similarities between Spanish and Portuguese. When the wife and I uttered a few phrases, she was pleased to know we were Spanish speakers. This is where things got fun. In Spanish, I informed her that we can speak to her in Spanish and she can speak to us in Portuguese. Long story short, we were able to carry a 25 min conversation completely using two different languages.

Why am I bringing this up? Imagine if I carried some of the Natavist sentiment that DREAMers here seem to carry? This interaction would not have happened. From these Natavist point of view, I would say “Sorry Lyft driver. Please learn English. I don’t need to accommodate to YOU because you’re in America and you SHOULD know English.” The human connection in this instance may not have occurred in the way that it did.

So this morning I started to reflect on our conversation, again from this post regarding FORCING or dictating WHAT language migrants/immingrants should learn/speak in this country.

Listen. I speak English without a ‘foreign’ accent. I speak the Queen’s English sans the British accent (what I am highlighting here is that if you speak to me on the phone without knowing my demographic data, you’d expect I was a white nigga).

I am not highlighting this to ‘toot my own horn’ (maybe just a little). But what I really want to emphasis here is the ignorance of some of you so called “DREAMers”

What do I mean?: Well. If you’re a DACA that has a thick fucking foreign accent and you’re in this country screaming that people SHOULD learn English — I’d like for you to take a step back. For example: If you’re Indian bobbing your head speaking a terrible variation of the English language that no one understands or your parents do —and you finish your sentence with “Ok, ok, ok” (whilst bobbing your head). Like “Oh my friend. You should really speak English. OK OK OK” Or if you’re Korean/Chinese/Japanese/Bietnam Doooo and you say “Oh herro mista Mesican. You leally LEALLY need to realn uh da Engrish ranguage. You rive in Amelica. We euhspeak the Engrish language hele. Ok Hunny?” Or you’re a black man/woman from Africa and you come in here with your THICH fucking accent. Let me tell ya eyyyy coco willy ‘click click’ speak da English language mon. We gotta be like da white man mon ‘click click click’.

If you belong to one of the IGNORANT group of people I mentioned above or a variation of that. Do me a favor. Go back to your shithole country that your boy aka your Natvist in Chief (Trump) calls it and the ignorant white folks like Biden who have ZERO fucking clue on sociolinguistic manners and focus on your accent or your parents accent. You’re not speaking English. You are bastardizing it.

I normally would say, being that we are all DACA DREAMers here, I’d offer you free accent reduction lessons, because I know with almost 100% accuracy WHY you speak with an accent and how we can funnel your cemented phonological constraints and work on your phonetics in such a way that you speak like a REAL American.

But if you’re still too ignorant to see that these policies and mindset are toxic —which could be simply either your ignorance or lack of understanding on socialignustic matters (I hope it’s the latter) and if its the former…look:

I am not a perfect person by any matter. I am not the best version of myself that I can be (I continue to work on that everyday) —but you don’t even deserve to get on your knees and blow me. So a big fuck you to you ignorant Natavist mentality. You want others to speak English? Well look in the mirror, look at your family, and if they speak with a foreign accent —you’re failing YOUR duty to learn the English language and it’s phonetic inventory. You’re not learning English and you should leave this country immieetely and self deport.

You’re not liked by the white nativist man that you are trying to appease and now you’re disliked by the immigrant community that continues to improve this fucking beautiful country we live in.

As a white illegal wetback immigrant Mexican that speak English above 99% of the population, I shouldn’t be the one calling you out for your ignorance. YOU should be the one backing the immigrant community and making a better understanding why forcing people learn a language is not only ignorant, it goes against American ideals of personal freedom.

If you meet the above criteria...

You get three middle fingers. One from my white wife, me a white latino with a great handle of the English language, and my boy from the DEEP south, where Nativism is prevalent.

[IMG]i.ibb.co/xJk3DtP/3lx59z.jpg[/IMG]

That is all.

This article is a large rant sounds like it really made you angry, but you factually misunderstood what was said.

Pretty much nobody on this forum said that you should go out of your way to be an assohole to non-English speakers, and if you did recieve that sentiment then I apologize for their shortsightedness.

Nobody said be an asshole to the Lyft, lady, and I am sure nobody here would hate on her for Speaking Portugese from Brazil, but all they ask is that she learn English as well so that miscommunication errors like not finding you dont occur. It was your fault, but it just as likely is her fault as well. It is a benefit to her enterprise as a lyft[IMG]www.pngmart.com/files/8/Pineapple-PNG-Transparent-Photo.png[/IMG] driver that she learn English as quickly as possible. Not only that, but now with a domain over English she can now access greater opportunities in English. It does not hurt to know English and can only benefit her.

Accents don't really matter for Speaking English properly, you can have an accent and as long as you are understandable to a reasonable degree nobody will care. They will be like oh hmm and carry on their business. This is a made up grievance designed to be as offensive as possible, and maybe a little racist towards non-whites. Why do you assume that the English language must carry a white american accent?

To your three middle fingers I respond with http://www.pngmart.com/files/8/Pinea...rent-Photo.png

The pineapple of bi-lingualism, it makes as much sense as hating DACAs, and others for having accents, or for hating those who want people to know English in addition to their native language. Nobody is forcing them, and nobody will ever force them to learn the English language, because the secret is this, if they don't learn it, it wont harm those who know English. Their educational and socio-economic advancement is stunted because they didn't adapt learn and overcome. Now requiring them to learn English for a greencard, I could see that being a valid argument, but again, it does not somehow remove their ability to know their native language. It is only a benefit to them.

DACAs should be well versed in the English language if they want to seek sympathy from an English speaking majority. If anything, for having the outward appearance of assimilating and integrating into American culture, instead of refusing to learn English, sticking out from American culture, creating their own Ethnic enclaves, and increasing the opportunity for Misunderstandings.

I don't see your citation for "appeasing whites" since its not about appeasing them, its about using a language, a tool, for our own betterment. The whites are more than happy to have us not knowing English, staying doing construction, staying dish-washers, and becoming a Spanish only permanent underclass. No, DACAs knowing English in addition to their native languages, whether Mexican Spanish, Brazilian Portugese, Portual Portugese, Or Korean, is about betterment of ourselves and adapting, learning, and overcoming a language barrier.

Knowing the English language has unlocked full and wide opportunities for the Immigrant community, and is a hallmark of assimilation, because once English is owned and controlled, it can be used to propel oneself forward towards education, business, and unlocks all the opportunities this great nation brings to us. Again, nobody is saying you must speak English a certain way without an accent, or that you must ONLY know English. Nobody cares that another language is used primarily, but that for their own benefit, and for a greater societal benefit, bilingualism is a tremendous benefit to the immigrant.

Feeling you are above someone else because you have a domain over the English language is like feeling better than someone else can you can talk the loudest, it's dumb, its foolish, and I completely agree.

DogJuiceMan 01-12-2020 09:48 PM

The resulting scenario here of immigrants being locked out of the labor market for not integrating properly and learning English in addition to their native language is the result of well meaning accommodating leftist policies that do more harm to whom they wish to help, than actual villains do. The net result is not an immigrant who feels welcome, but an immigrant that has been locked out of educational advancement, career advancement, and locked out of the English speaking society as a whole. Whites don't care for they deem the underclass as the destination of the non-white.

Similar effects can be seen in Liberal California where a large number of people live in the streets and sidewalks of their major cities. It's quite a sad sight to see. Human beings, mostly American citizens, disposed of like common rubbish on sidewalks and alleyways. A few heroic individuals attempting to lend a helping hand by providing assistance with food and giving out tents, while elite leftists in their luxury abodes dictate draconian laws that at face value aim to help marginalized individuals but instead harm them.

California has priced out the middle class and a major exodus of priced out Californians is occurring, while leftists screech and holler about rising rent costs while simultaneously preventing new building construction in LA. Construction that quite often has reduced cost apartments. Instead, the buildings are never constructed, lots remain vacant of disused, and people remain on the streets, priced out of the rental market.

For example, in LA they are spending a large sum of money to construct abodes for the unhoused. A policy which should be praised because housing someone vastly increases the chances of them being re-integrated into society, and a policy that is backed strongly with data and evidence of success. The lucky few, less than 20% become housed, while the 80% get to go screw themselves because their government and society has failed them. They get to die in tents like animals because their elected leftist officials who live in decadent and absolute luxury could not raise a finger to help them. Here's an idea, get the government out of housing and let people build in LA. Bulldoze the red tape. Cut strangulating regulation and bureaucratic inefficiency. Such a lucky 80% to live in the United States. God bless, and God help america. America needs all the help it can get, and plenty more for there are rough times ahead. Strap yourself in buckaroo(vaquero). I am thankful for divine wisdom from God, master and see-er of all, to guide my family towards the South, where opportunity is plenty, and rents are cheap. You may find God in multiple forms, multiple names, but I promise you, its the same one.

Not In My Backyard. These people are absolutely the worst. Selfishness to the extreme. Dictating from their luxury abodes what others can and cannot build on their own lots. Come to NC, try and tell a North Carolinian what they can or cannot do on their 50 acre yard, and you will get cold clocked in the mouth. Inside cities, there is a different story here. Unelected bureaucrats dictate to people what they do on their lots, an action most Unamerican, but necessary, as it can become a safety hazard if a lot is left to become too free. LA can absolutely build more housing, but nope, only two story housing is allowed. Nope you cannot build cause leftists found $600 and now you must wait for X review to complete. Nope, that review was completed but they paid another $600 to stonewall your construction. As a result, only the ultra wealthy can afford to pass the necessary bribes to gain the favor of council members and receive exemption from the liberal onslaught to build their luxury condos.

The result is people clamoring for rent control, essentially passing on the inflated housing costs onto everyone else, while they get the benefit. Here's an idea dingus, why not let the people who want to build, build. It is a problem that would solve itself, had government not gotten in the way at the insistence of well meaning, but ultimately minority harming leftists.

Alexandria Ocazio Cortez, an individual more suited for the decrepit, musty, foul, and salty stench of the porn studio, is a prime example of a leftist liberal elite dictating to the middle class from their luxury apartment.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...e-basic-rights
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...rtment-complex
https://mobile.twitter.com/AOC/statu...06535514488842

You the brown, you the downtrodden, you the homeless cannot have one of the 65 affordable rent apartments because to allow them to be built inside along with luxury apartments is allowing the fat cats to win. The luxury companies win. Meanwhile they are often the only ones with enough financial resources to survive the onslaught and win. You cannot have a free-market fairly priced apartment because politicians stand against the construction companies building luxury apartments.

There will be more like AOC, she is only a symptom, a false hero. Here's an idea, how about you use your newfound legislative powers to get the government out of the housing market. Her green new deal was defeated in a laughably ridiculous margin by 0-64. With Democrats voting present! LOL.

A similar event has happened in the United States, where loud mouthed obnoxious leftists attempt to dictate to the disenfranchised dreamers, that no your legalization can wait because we decided that we want, no we demand, a clean Dream Act. These loud mouthed obnoxious leftists wont curry favor with the general public, but will go on to create a stereotype that the disenfranchised dreamers are equally as obnoxious, loud mouthed, uncouth, and should not ever be legalized.

This is why America is declining, because of loud mouthed leftists screeching and hollering that feelings override facts, that feelings trump data, and the resulting accommodations more often than not harm the people they intend to help by marginalizing them and spotlighting them as outsiders. The republican leftists harm their own, but they are united as one group. They give republican voters the exact nonsense they voted for, and watch as leftists complete their dirtywork. You want me to lower taxes on you Mr.Republican voter, sure, I'll also cut it for the wealthy, but also the tax cuts for you are temporary! LOL.

You want strong military right, Mr.Republicans, sure, lets build tanks that are now obsolete in modern warfare. A bigass target. How about lots of carriers for all the wars. The republican voters said yes to that! Meanwhile they cannot afford healthcare or education. A large portion are now even living paycheck to paycheck, one emergency away from disaster.

IamAman 01-13-2020 10:39 AM

I had to skim through that halfway though because it was pretty incoherent and angry. I get the gist of what you're saying, but a lot of it is a straw man argument and your righteous indignation is misplaced.

First off, we are among friends here (more or less) so whatever feelings we have towards our fellow immigrants needing to learn English comes from a good place and is genuinely meant for our fellow immigrants to have better lives. When a guy at a Trump rally says "Speak English", it's coming from a place of hate and he is just grasping at any straw to project that hatred and the most convenient thing is the language. If it wasn't the language, it'd be something else.

In your own story of the Lyft driver, do you really think that us "nativists" would have been unkind to a lady working a shitty job to put food on her table or tell her "Go back to where you came from until you learned English"?

I was going to have a 2nd and 3rd point but have stuff to do but essentially, it's not asking much of people to make an effort to learn the language of the country they're living in and want to stay in. The immigrant will be the one who benefits the most if they do. Nobody is saying be mean. Nobody is saying learn it perfectly without an accent or head bobbing. Nobody is saying not to speak your language among others.

DogJuiceMan 01-13-2020 12:44 PM

Notice how he has gone silent!

Chn 01-13-2020 01:03 PM

Some of y'all have way too much time on your hands and it shows.

DogJuiceMan 01-13-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chn (Post 744298)
Some of y'all have way too much time on your hands and it shows.

Said the man who couldn't make it past all the paragraphs.

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-13-2020 10:47 PM

yes because he has a life and doesnt have time to sit down and read paragraphs for something a full grow adult can say in a few lines

DogJuiceMan 01-14-2020 01:37 PM

LOL count of people who couldn't make it past the small paragraphs: 2

Just wait until BestBefore gets out here and pens another masterwork.