DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Obama's "Stand for DREAM Act" Campaign (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=25937)

dreamy14 01-05-2012 05:42 AM

Obama's "Stand for DREAM Act" Campaign

via www.barackobama.com

Quote:

So the Iowa caucus happened, and we didn't learn much about who's going to win the GOP nomination. But we did learn something about how the Republican candidates intend to try: by pandering to the most extreme voices in their party.

Case in point: Over the weekend, Mitt Romney told voters in Iowa that he would veto the DREAM Act if he got the chance. And today he actually called the DREAM Act a "handout."

Romney's been moving to the right on this issue for years, but this is the first time his position has been so clear.

The DREAM Act is common-sense legislation that President Obama has fought for alongside millions of Americans in both parties, designed to help smart, motivated young people that pursue higher education or join the Armed Forces earn a path to citizenship. Allowing talented young people to fully contribute to our society would only make our country safer and more prosperous.

So it's important that we speak up now. Stand with the President and fight for progress like the DREAM Act.

All of these candidates seem to think that opposing the DREAM Act will make good politics for primary season -- and that's just the start.

Ron Paul has called for repealing the citizenship clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Mitt Romney says he would kick out every last undocumented worker in the United States. And in a telling slip-up, Rick Santorum once called the Latino electorate the "illegal vote."

When they say they oppose the DREAM Act, they're talking about denying kids who grew up here -- who know no other home, who have learned in our schools and volunteered in our communities -- a chance to give back to the country they love. These kids have worked hard for a shot at the American dream, just like their peers.

And if we give them the opportunity, they will help build a stronger future for our country.

Join President Obama in fighting for the DREAM Act, and immigration reform that works for everyone:

http://my.barackobama.com/DREAM-Act
Thanks

Adrian

Adrian Saenz
Latino Vote Director
Obama for America

2Face 01-05-2012 09:20 AM

Re: Obama's "Stand for DREAM Act" Campaign

This just made me puke. No lie. This makes Obama look like a first time candidate when in fact he has just served an entire term during which he has had a Democrat majority in both Senate and House. Yep let's all join him again for "common sense" solution. This political rhetoric is getting so old.

star293 01-05-2012 09:21 AM

don't sign up for this.. i have been getting spam mails from that obama site after i submitted my email -.-

Also, when u sign up, it forces u to donate money for dream act.. and I am sure all that money goes to something else other than dream act..

2Face 01-05-2012 10:38 AM

And read the message carefully. He's taking jabs at every candidate. This is nothing short of just plain attacks on each other. Dream Act is just a tool used. Even a 12 year old can figure this out at this moment. How the phuk does he plan on passing DA without Democratic majority?

drock226 01-05-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 242442)
And read the message carefully. He's taking jabs at every candidate. This is nothing short of just plain attacks on each other. Dream Act is just a tool used. Even a 12 year old can figure this out at this moment. How the phuk does he plan on passing DA without Democratic majority?

That's simple......he doesn't plan on it.

Smooth 01-05-2012 01:47 PM

Guys,

It's either Obama or the other anti-legalization mofos--assuming that one of them does win the GOP primary. Take your pick. There is, however, a third option: seek opportunities else where.

dreamy14 01-05-2012 05:18 PM

^^

I second that. This may not be the best option, but it's the only option we have, and that's why I posted it here.

Assuming he wants donation, or spams your emails, or just blowing smoke up our asses, it's still better than nothing. At least he's putting a word about it out there than GOP's "I'll veto DREAM act" or "No Amnesty" policy.

elihu 01-05-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 242442)

You just said he had one. ^^

He can't...if he keeps it the way it is. It's Durbin's job to figure out how to get some relief passed, even (or maybe especially) if it doesn't necessary change how the U.S. allocates immigrant visas.

DA User 01-08-2012 02:05 AM

I love Obama and how he is fighting for DA/CIR. Obama 2012!