DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Delayed EAD notifications/card 2016 (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=74400)

ayran123 09-26-2016 10:54 AM

Re: Delayed EAD notifications/card 2016

Hmm yup, it seems like we're stuck for now. I have no idea what is going on with USCIS :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva02 (Post 580949)
Well, maybe because that option is so they can resend a card. They can't resend something they never sent.

nquiroga29 09-26-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayran123 (Post 580950)
hmm yup, it seems like we're stuck for now. I have no idea what is going on with uscis :(

ugh i'm soo upset with them i don't know what to do anymore been waiting since 08/25/16 for my ead card.

ayran123 09-26-2016 12:15 PM

Are you going to send 2 passport photos to that nebraska address like eva02 and WGITF are?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nquiroga29 (Post 580957)
ugh i'm soo upset with them i don't know what to do anymore been waiting since 08/25/16 for my ead card.

K-Man 09-26-2016 12:20 PM

I wouldn't count on the photos being the root cause unless they absolutely tell you with certainty (even then it's sketchy at best).

My EAD has the same photo as the last one even though I sent a new set of photos with the app. I realize mine went through a slightly different congressional liaison route but the point is they do have the ability to re-use photos AND re-use finger prints if they deem necessary.

How do I know this? They sent me a bio-reuse letter with 'sorry but we're still cashing the $465 check' during my process.

My guess is it's hard to believe every field office is having same equipment or outgoing failures, it's probably the receiving end side not processing as they should on either the photos and/or finger print data that gets sent to them.

ayran123 09-26-2016 12:25 PM

Woah really? Your EAD has the same photo as your last EAD?? :O
Ok I guess you're right no point in sending out photos to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Man (Post 580960)
I wouldn't count on the photos being the root cause unless they absolutely tell you with certainty (even then it's sketchy at best).

My EAD has the same photo as the last one even though I sent a new set of photos with the app. I realize mine went through a slightly different congressional liaison route but the point is they do have the ability to re-use photos AND re-use finger prints if they deem necessary.

How do I know this? They sent me a bio-reuse letter with 'sorry but we're still cashing the $465 check' during my process.

My guess is it's hard to believe every field office is having same equipment or outgoing failures, it's probably the receiving end side not processing as they should on either the photos and/or finger print data that gets sent to them.

K-Man 09-26-2016 12:37 PM

Yeah I mean unless they explicitly told you to. Otherwise you're just gonna be out of few bucks for no reason.

Another thing I found out during my process, even though it's buried in the renewal thread, if anyone is still struggling with the biometrics appointment aspect, there IS someone who has the ability at your local field office to schedule that locally. May not be the infopass agent but someone that sits inside the office maybe.

ayran123 09-26-2016 12:39 PM

You're case was the one which switched to received in September on Case Tracker right?
Did it end up getting updated? If so, how long did it take to update? My I-765 on Case Tracker still shows received on Sept 5th when its actually in april :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Man (Post 580964)
Yeah I mean unless they explicitly told you to. Otherwise you're just gonna be out of few bucks for no reason.

Another thing I found out during my process, even though it's buried in the renewal thread, if anyone is still struggling with the biometrics appointment aspect, there IS someone who has the ability at your local field office to schedule that locally. May not be the infopass agent but someone that sits inside the office maybe.

K-Man 09-26-2016 12:50 PM

The September receipt date was just a precursor like 1 day before getting the actual approval, once it went into production my case history actually got updated timely for production/completion.

ELIS took little longer to update for actual EAD status, so I would keep checking Case History (the one where you login, not just typing in the IOE)

In my case it took 4 days from production date > completion date. It didn't ship for another 3 to 4 days with the rest of their outgoing mail in a batch. Looking at your timeline yours has been going on for a while? I'd keep inquiring every chance you get.

ayran123 09-26-2016 12:56 PM

Yea my card has been "in production" according to Tier 2 rep since September 11 but Case Tracker and ELIS did not update anything. ELIS shows case recieved/pending and Case Tracker shows case was recieved on sept 5 -__- probably a glitch on my accounts.

I'm calling them all day until I get a tier 2 rep who helps me out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Man (Post 580967)
The September receipt date was just a precursor like 1 day before getting the actual approval, once it went into production my case history actually got updated timely for production/completion.

ELIS took little longer to update for actual EAD status, so I would keep checking Case History (the one where you login, not just typing in the IOE)

In my case it took 4 days from production date > completion date. It didn't ship for another 3 to 4 days with the rest of their outgoing mail in a batch. Looking at your timeline yours has been going on for a while? I'd keep inquiring every chance you get.

ayran123 09-26-2016 01:21 PM

I spoke to a Tier 2 officer again. He told me that my EAD should have been produced and sent by now but he did hear that some EADs are delayed because of some printer failure/error.

He then checked on his database to make sure if my card was mailed out or now and could not find anything. Then he tried to submit a service request for me for both "card not received" and "case outside of normal processing time". Since he check marked the SR for "case outside of normal processing time" and I had a previous SR that was responded to last friday, the system didnt let him submit any a SR anymore until 30 days passes. So I asked him if there is any issue regarding photos, biometrics or anything; and he said that is a good question to ask and no there isn't any issue with the photos and if there was it would have been in the service request response that I got last friday. Idk if hes just bullshitting or USCIS is making us go around a carousel! The Tier 2 rep in the end told me that I have to wait 30 days -______-
In summary, there seems to be some delay in a bunch of EADs due to some printer failure :(

So after I got off the phone tried to see if I can submit just a SR for "card not received" and it worked. Lets see if this brings it up to their attention and if this leads to something.