DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How do you terminate your account? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=21248)

sunhye9001 05-04-2011 04:54 AM

How do you terminate your account?

I happened to find out that it is so easy to obtain someone's information on internet. I wanna terminate my account and start with a new name. I've been giving out my personal information to people I don't really know a lot lately. It really concerns me that anybody can find out what I wrote in this forum.

When I terminate my account, my writings disappear with it?

eddy 05-04-2011 09:55 PM

Re: How do you terminate your account?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunhye9001 (Post 215955)
I happened to find out that it is so easy to obtain someone's information on internet. I wanna terminate my account and start with a new name. I've been giving out my personal information to people I don't really know a lot lately. It really concerns me that anybody can find out what I wrote in this forum.

An admin needs to want to do this.

buckminsterfullerene 05-09-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunhye9001 (Post 215955)

I think you could change you username rather easily, I have seen a few people do that over the time I have been here. I have not seen anyone's contributions disappear after they closed their account, that would be something to bring up to a moderator or the admin.

Ihaveabigdream 05-09-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckminsterfullerene (Post 216323)
I think you could change you username rather easily, I have seen a few people do that over the time I have been here. I have not seen anyone's contributions disappear after they closed their account, that would be something to bring up to a moderator or the admin.

How do you change ur user name?

buckminsterfullerene 05-10-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihaveabigdream (Post 216390)
How do you change ur user name?

ok... I thought you could change your username rather easily because I have done it in other blogs that look sort of like this one in arrangement, but I was not able to find out, so I guess is not easy after all. But I do know someone changed their username, ask ' unthinkable ' that person used to have a different username at the beginning.

plOp 05-10-2011 01:29 PM

Yea, its easy to find someone, just be cautious, don't use your real name as a username, and don't use the email you use here for other social networks.

alex1234 05-10-2011 09:41 PM

delete system32

Thecure 05-11-2011 02:35 PM

LMAO!!! Personal information & Internets.

Hahahaha. this reminds me of a moron that put up a pic of his SS card to prove that you could get one back in the day if you came in legally.

And he did that to back up DA USER ! hahaha of all idiots... jeez... big mistake. XD

I thought scientists were smarter .lol

buckminsterfullerene 05-11-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecure (Post 216654)

Hahahaha. this reminds me of a moron that put up a pic of his SS card to prove that you could get one back in the day if you came in legally.

And he did that to back up DA USER ! hahaha of all idiots... jeez... big mistake. XD

wth, someone decided to put their SS card on a site where a majority lacks an SS card to prove someone's point? Was he looking for someone to take down the information and steal his identity to get employed? I mean, common sense.... some people lack it.

Tell me that at least he blacked out the numbers? of course he probably did not, it would not be funny if he did.

Ihaveabigdream 05-11-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecure (Post 216654)

Think about all the personal info (including the way you think) you've slipped off little by little in over the 600 comments of yours+ your ip address. Any mediocre hacker can figure out who/what you are.

This website is weird. It doesn't let you get out.