DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I am back to my home land, finally (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20778)

Pursuitofhappiness 03-22-2011 06:08 AM

I am back to my home land, finally

Hey Dreamers,
It has been about 12-hour-flight, and I am finally in my home country.
First of all I am so happy that I am free to do anything I want over here.
I have made my first identification card yesterday, which is going to take about 2 weeks to get delivered to my home. Also I have opened up saving and checking account here which I will save up to buy a house one day.
My home country, Korea, has changed so much that it is actually much better than I expected, maybe even better than the US. The city is lively and open almost 24/7, and I don't have to fear anything like I used to be in the US. It is like I have walked out of shadow as I left the US.
It is no surprise, but people like us are really valued at work places, so I am looking to get a job soon at some international business area.
It feels so much better to be back in my country, where I can actually have a realistic dream than wait few more years for some piece of legislation to be passed.
Good choice, indeed!

star293 03-22-2011 07:53 AM

Re: I am back to my home land, finally

good luck buddy! So are you planning to serve in the Korean army for 2 years?

ecnys 03-22-2011 08:52 AM

Good for you! If you mean South Korea I would've went back too... Don't worry about DA, I seriously doubt something like it will get passed before your 10 year ban, if ever. For every intelligent American there is a retarded redneck to cancel out his vote.

2Face 03-22-2011 11:05 AM

Glad to hear that...good luck in Korea!

cooltalker 03-22-2011 12:53 PM

I am glad to hear you are doing well and more so glad that you like your home country. However, would you say you are having problems with the language and reading/writing back in Korea?

MIdreamer 03-22-2011 01:57 PM

What degree do you have? Did your parents go with you? Where do you live? Who do you live with?

Omg I have so many questions that I want to ask, because I'm sure I will go back home once I get my degree. I started to hate U.S now.

Ianus 03-22-2011 04:30 PM

That's the way it should be I think.Nothing can stop progression in one's life,the US can only be used as an excuse for so long before one comes to that realization.

txdream 03-22-2011 04:31 PM

Good job mate, wish you the best of luck. Remember to be active in your countries politics and get involved to prevent ignorance from taking over the world.

manindark 03-22-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pursuitofhappiness (Post 213067)
Hey Dreamers,
It has been about 12-hour-flight, and I am finally in my home country.
First of all I am so happy that I am free to do anything I want over here.
I have made my first identification card yesterday, which is going to take about 2 weeks to get delivered to my home. Also I have opened up saving and checking account here which I will save up to buy a house one day.
My home country, Korea, has changed so much that it is actually much better than I expected, maybe even better than the US. The city is lively and open almost 24/7, and I don't have to fear anything like I used to be in the US. It is like I have walked out of shadow as I left the US.
It is no surprise, but people like us are really valued at work places, so I am looking to get a job soon at some international business area.
It feels so much better to be back in my country, where I can actually have a realistic dream than wait few more years for some piece of legislation to be passed.
Good choice, indeed!

Hey man, were you questioned at the airport? I am leaving next week. Also, which state were you from in US? Help out your brother here. thanks bro lol

jollyjane 03-22-2011 05:39 PM

So lucky you have a first world country to go back to!!! good luck in life