DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Food For FL anyone did it? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78975)

DreamerAngel 10-19-2017 12:56 PM

Food For FL anyone did it?

Hurricane Irma. Lots of us lost power, food, had damages to homes and vehicles like everyone else. I know we dont typically qualify for aid but has any DACA person got the temp EBT card aka Disaster SNAP? I did the pre-reg but didnt go in person for the interview portion. Anyone went that far? Waste of time? Irma cost me a lot of money I dont have so itd be nice to recoup some of the cost. I think its a little unfair we pay social security and other taxes and never reap any of the benefits and then have ignorant asses say we are mooching and not paying taxes... another post entirely lol.

BeeHive 10-19-2017 12:57 PM

Re: Food For FL anyone did it?

Interesting. Good question.

4n0nym0us 10-19-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerAngel (Post 648208)
Hurricane Irma. Lots of us lost power, food, had damages to homes and vehicles like everyone else. I know we dont typically qualify for aid but has any DACA person got the temp EBT card aka Disaster SNAP? I did the pre-reg but didnt go in person for the interview portion. Anyone went that far? Waste of time? Irma cost me a lot of money I dont have so itd be nice to recoup some of the cost. I think its a little unfair we pay social security and other taxes and never reap any of the benefits and then have ignorant asses say we are mooching and not paying taxes... another post entirely lol.

My parents back home did it. You don't need a social security to qualify

Dres2011 10-19-2017 01:09 PM

My mom did but shes an LPR, i didnt do it due to daca fear mongering but oh well.

papi mango 10-19-2017 04:38 PM

you will get some money from FEMA. I lost everything when hurricane sandy hit us. FEMA gave me some money. my initial daca case was pending that time. they just need your social security. thats all.

DreamerAngel 10-19-2017 10:19 PM

Oh wow Papi Mango. Hope all is well now. Thanks for your input, everyone. I will go then.

FLDreamerrr 10-19-2017 11:16 PM

I went today to the once in west palm even though I live in broward . Heads up the line is very long I was there for like 2 hours . All they asked me for was how much I make and my ID. I did the pre reg online and got 700 in ebt for me and my girl

zara12 10-19-2017 11:17 PM

Best wishes to you DreamerAngel! Sending positive thoughts your way and keeping you in my prayers.
Hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

papi mango 10-20-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerAngel (Post 648340)
Oh wow Papi Mango. Hope all is well now. Thanks for your input, everyone. I will go then.

yup all good now. thank god for that. I got job very next day in one of the cable company. they used me to watch out for generators and I made bunch of money very first week because company was paying 5 times more. I worked long hours sitting front of generators for whole week. now I'm in very good position. still working for same cable company but in better field and department. wish you good luck and yes go for it and you will get something for sure. thanks

FLDreamerrr 10-20-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papi mango (Post 648448)
yup all good now. thank god for that. I got job very next day in one of the cable company. they used me to watch out for generators and I made bunch of money very first week because company was paying 5 times more. I worked long hours sitting front of generators for whole week. now I'm in very good position. still working for same cable company but in better field and department. wish you good luck and yes go for it and you will get something for sure. thanks

Comcast? I work for Comcast