DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SCOTUS -June decision (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84171)

JavierHTx 02-07-2020 03:11 PM

SCOTUS -June decision

Been to busy to keep up with updates but so far does anyone know how things are looking?

DogJuiceMan 02-07-2020 07:33 PM

Re: SCOTUS -June decision

Horribly. They will most likely strike down DACA. They arent even arguing if they can terminate DACA, they are arguing if the administration provided enough justification for ending DACA.

Had they given a sufficient justification, it would've been an easy termination. And the democrat controlled house could've done nothing to stop it.

Rathination 02-07-2020 10:25 PM

Eh, we'll see. Not much has changed since they annouced they'd take the case.

2MoreYears 02-07-2020 11:16 PM

My EAD expires 4/21/2021. Any suggestions how soon should I renew?

Copper 02-07-2020 11:36 PM

I just hope the Supreme Court pushes it until late June. I have read recent reports that they could rule any minute, although I don’t know the accuracy of that or what the process is to debate on the issue.

JavierHTx 02-08-2020 10:41 AM

No looking good huh.

At this point if they’re going to strike it down then just do it already. Rip the bandaid off. I hate having the gun pointed at my head.

All of us were brought here as children, we didn’t have a choice. The fuck were we gonna do? Immediately return at 18 to our “home” country we knew nothing about? I’m just ranting at this point.

Copper 02-08-2020 01:22 PM

For those who know, my question is, will there any more meetings regarding DACA or will the Supreme Court go straight for a ruling?

I also understand that they are looking at other cases, if so, I wonder how much of a priority we are as far as making a quick decision.

DogJuiceMan 02-08-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierHTx (Post 744883)
No looking good huh.

At this point if they’re going to strike it down then just do it already. Rip the bandaid off. I hate having the gun pointed at my head.

All of us were brought here as children, we didn’t have a choice. The fuck were we gonna do? Immediately return at 18 to our “home” country we knew nothing about? I’m just ranting at this point.

Yea legally we were supposed to go back at 18 years old and go do whatever. In practice this is dumb because it requires people to uproot themselves. People just wont be like ohp time to go im now 18.

Yes its unfair that immigration benefits are getting stolen and people are jumping in line, no paying taxes does not entitle us to anything.

The easiest way to fix this is to put us into the US nationals category.

U.S. citizens are also considered to be U.S. nationals. U.S. law defines a national as “a person owing permanent allegiance to a state.” Since U.S. citizens owe allegiance to the U.S., they are both U.S. citizens and U.S. nationals. However, it’s possible to be a U.S. national but NOT a U.S. citizen.

They have the right to protection by consular offices when they are traveling abroad. They are also allowed to travel and live in the U.S. However, nationals don’t qualify for many other benefits of U.S. citizenship, such as the right to vote in U.S. elections or apply for jobs that require U.S. citizenship.

Rogue414 02-10-2020 01:36 AM

We are fucked.

DogJuiceMan 02-10-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue414 (Post 744913)
We are fucked.

No we're not calm down. DACAs are not allowed to panic and freak out. We will be okay in the end.