DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Acting DHS chief Chad Wolf calls DACA 'unlawful' (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84417)

Outsider626 06-21-2020 01:33 PM

Acting DHS chief Chad Wolf calls DACA 'unlawful'

Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said Sunday the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is “unlawful,” just days after the Supreme Court blocked the Trump administration from ending the program.

“What we know is the program is clearly unlawful. And I would point you back to the Supreme Court decision. At no point in that decision did they say that the program was lawful. They simply didn't like the rationale and the procedures that we used. And I find that a little troubling,” Wolf said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Wolf said the Trump administration is seeking other ways to end the Obama-era program that shields nearly 700,000 young undocumented immigrants from deportation.

“We're continuing to look at the opinion that the court produced this week, making sure that we adhere to that. But we are going to end an unlawful program,” Wolf said. “As the acting secretary of Homeland Security, I don't have the luxury to ignore the law. The program's unlawful. We need to solve it. The president's begging Congress, has been for the last two and a half years to solve this problem. We're willing to sit down at the table and negotiate with them.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-blocked-trump

jwxie518 06-21-2020 01:49 PM

Re: Acting DHS chief Chad Wolf calls DACA 'unlawful'

WOLF is an unlawful last name.

bigdreamer2010 06-21-2020 01:49 PM

We’re not going anywhere. Trump can resubmit a new rationale to remove DACA but we’ll see something like what happened with the travel ban (https://www.aclu-wa.org/pages/timeline-muslim-ban)

(1) trump reiusses new executive order
(2) executive order gets blocked by our friends in Hawaii or San Francisco and nation wide injunctuon prevents him from ending it
(3) trump appeals and the case lands in the court of appeals court. Our friends in the 9th circuit agree with the lower court and the injunction remains
(4) trump appeals to the Supreme Court
(5) the Supreme Court can accept or decline. That’ll be the wild card but it took 6 months last time for the travel ban to bubble up to the Supreme Court

Anyway we’re good through the election even if trump issues “enhanced papers” on DACA.

2Face 06-21-2020 02:13 PM

Congress needs to get to work and pass something immediately while we have a chance.

sk16 06-21-2020 02:15 PM

so what does this mean? can they not reinstate the program to the original state in the meantime?

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-21-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk16 (Post 749164)
so what does this mean? can they not reinstate the program to the original state in the meantime?

Yes, for the time being, DACA goes to what it was before 2Face lord and savior, Trump ended it. However, that is just in theory

justjohnjustice1988 06-22-2020 04:09 AM

Yes people, DACA is unlawful.

Why do you think we need a permanent solution?

I swear yall social justice warriors are ruining everything these days.

Everyone is offended by this assertion when in fact it is the truth. Why are we pushing for legislation then? Because DACA was created by executive fiat and it can be rescinded by executive fiat.

Leftists Millennials and Generation Z are the worst people when it comes to knowing what a law is and what the US Consititution actually says. Read a book and stop wasting your time on Tik Tok!

Trumps gonna cream Sleepy Joe on election day. Mark my words.

justjohnjustice1988 06-22-2020 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdreamer2010 (Post 749161)
We’re not going anywhere. Trump can resubmit a new rationale to remove DACA but we’ll see something like what happened with the travel ban (https://www.aclu-wa.org/pages/timeline-muslim-ban)

(2) executive order gets blocked by our friends in Hawaii or San Francisco and nation wide injunctuon prevents him from ending it
(3) trump appeals and the case lands in the court of appeals court. Our friends in the 9th circuit agree with the lower court and the injunction remains
(5) the Supreme Court can accept or decline. That’ll be the wild card but it took 6 months last time for the travel ban to bubble up to the Supreme Court

Anyway we’re good through the election even if trump issues “enhanced papers” on DACA.

I love how you say "our friends in Hawaii or San Francisco.

San Francisco: where people shit on the streets and shoot up in plain daylight.

With those kinds of "friends" in leftist activist judges, I'd rather not have any friends at all and keep using the toilet.

#CaliforniaIsAShitholeThanksToLiberalPolicies

JayR9 06-22-2020 05:12 AM

Lol I’m sure the silent majority will help Trump cause that TULSA rally was weak. Jk he has no chance.

dreamer12345 06-22-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 749159)
Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said Sunday the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is “unlawful,” just days after the Supreme Court blocked the Trump administration from ending the program.

“What we know is the program is clearly unlawful. And I would point you back to the Supreme Court decision. At no point in that decision did they say that the program was lawful. They simply didn't like the rationale and the procedures that we used. And I find that a little troubling,” Wolf said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Wolf said the Trump administration is seeking other ways to end the Obama-era program that shields nearly 700,000 young undocumented immigrants from deportation.

“We're continuing to look at the opinion that the court produced this week, making sure that we adhere to that. But we are going to end an unlawful program,” Wolf said. “As the acting secretary of Homeland Security, I don't have the luxury to ignore the law. The program's unlawful. We need to solve it. The president's begging Congress, has been for the last two and a half years to solve this problem. We're willing to sit down at the table and negotiate with them.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-blocked-trump

What part of the word illegal don't these criminal cons understand? If they would get their collective mouths off Donnie's dick for a second they wouldn't be hypoxic & spouting nonsensical opinions just to please their Fuhrer. A lawful EO is a lawful EO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdreamer2010 (Post 749161)

Basically this, go ahead Donnie, write your new EO, see if the supreme court will hear you out before November. You should be booking flights to Moscow for your family and Billy Barr instead.