DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   [Must read]Biden says health-care reform will be Obama’s priority in next few months (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10617)

Ianus 04-29-2009 06:31 PM

[Must read]Biden says health-care reform will be Obama’s priority in next few months

If there was ever a time to push for Dream act it will have to be soon !

This article mentions that the President's next priorities will be pushing for healthcare reform as a top priority,but it also mentions EDUCATION reform & energy.The Vice President also mentions that the topic of immigration should be coming up with in the next 100 days but it could take a while.
Quote:

Held as part of a series of events marking the administration’s 100th day in office, Biden took about 10 questions Wednesday from reporters who don’t normally cover Washington politics. He said that health-care, education and energy policy reforms will be the administration’s top priorities going forward, with health care taking the top spot........

.....Biden also said immigration reform would rear its head in the next 100 days, but he expected debate on the controversial issue to last for a while.

“We’ve got to start serious discussions, serious negotiations on immigration now,” Biden said. “I hope we’d be able to complete it this year, but whether we can or not, we have to start
.”

Pygmalion 04-29-2009 07:52 PM

Re: [Must read]Biden says health-care reform will be Obama’s priority in next few mon

it will never be a wise decision to have these politicans to discuss and even to pass the Dream Act when obama's two greatest agenda, economy recovery and health care are still on their ways.

The economy is slowly recovering in a way - the stock market is okay not that bad.
now it's the health care turn.

once these two agendas are done, the senate and house will have more time to actually review the dream act.
i would expect the first discussion happen late 2009, around October or even Jan 2010.
look, the representatives still have lots of time before they have to run for re-election again.

Jose313 04-29-2009 08:18 PM

Re: [Must read]Biden says health-care reform will be Obama’s priority in next few mon

Well 100 days from now is around September right? Isn't that when Immigration reform is planned to be discussed? so this news is nothing new right? or i am getting this wrong

ehfornue 04-29-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locc2DaBrain (Post 127072)
OMG the DREAM ACT is over, no way it will pass!! You heard it straight from Biden's mouth.

Exactly what point are you trying to make with this article?

That Dream Act might possibly be discussed within the next couple of months.

WE KNOW THIS ALREADY!!

Who's this dude? Chill out man, it's just a post and not everyone is as informed as thou.

Bluestar 04-29-2009 08:35 PM

Why do i have a feeling that Locc2dabrain is progex?

Dude just read the article and enjoy it :D. It is never bad to be informed. Many would rather know these kind of news than not to know.

Also what you might know, others might not.

All we should do at the moment is to try our best so that something immigration related is brought up and passed.

And to be successful , it is best to be well informed.

Even if there are news that you might not like, they are not going to go away if you dont know about them. It will only go away if you work hard for it.

P.S. By the way, If you dont like something then dont read it. Also the place you should be commenting on it, is not here. It is in the last forum and it is called " suggestions".

Alex 04-29-2009 08:37 PM

everybody says w/e they want... first it was Dream Act to come up for vote around August/ September... then it was Dream Act included in CIR; a bill that hasn't even been written yet. Now its pushed to next year. Biden is right, there's gonna be huge debates that would last a long time... this now is dragging till next year.

i know what some of you will say "oh Durbin knows what hes doing"; i bet he does... but Durbin doesn't know us all individually. that some of us simple just don't have any more time to waste, for various reasons. shyt, just freeze deportations and raids for potential Dream beneficiaries; and i can wait all you want.

Pygmalion 04-29-2009 08:42 PM

well look at the civil right moments, how many years?
just forget about the history of slavery
bascially from 1900s to 1967, .... that's a long time
all we can do is wait, and try to convince people

ehfornue 04-29-2009 08:50 PM

Nobody is forcing us to stay here, if any of you guys want to leave just go. . . after my Masters, if DA doesn't pass or if I don't get married with a citizen, consider me to move on with my pursuit of happiness.

angeleno 04-29-2009 08:55 PM

Obama just talked about immigration, and this time he sounded a lot more resolute in addressing the issue this year.

It was towards the end of the conference around 40 minutes in.

Alex 04-29-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehfornue (Post 127085)
Nobody is forcing us to stay here, if any of you guys want to leave just go. . . after my Masters, if DA doesn't pass or if I don't get married with a citizen, consider me to move on with my pursuit of happiness.

its the wait and the promises that's forcing us all to stay. if they say tomorrow "Dream will not pass until Obama's 2nd term"; then I guess yea, most of us will just leave. Your almost done with your masters, some of us haven't even started school. as far as Marrying a U.S citizen; you can't adjust your status if you have entered Without Inspection.

reality catches up to dreams.