DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   AP Humanitarian reasons? **Thank you in advance** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=72905)

DD4S 01-09-2016 07:18 PM

AP Humanitarian reasons? **Thank you in advance**

Hello,

Like many of you, I would like to apply for AP. I have a ton of family in Mexico, however, no one is on their deathbed... I have a few aunts and uncles from my mom's side who have diabetes. A cousin of mine died about a year ago.
These are the only life events that I can think of, that can possibly help me.
Do I have any other options? what did everyone else use? I want to have a strong case! Please help!
Employment and Educational purposes are out of the question.

Erik1421 01-09-2016 07:41 PM

Re: AP Humanitarian reasons? **Thank you in advance**

You have no case. Create a business in Mexico, even if its a small business. Property is cheap and labor is also too.

shebashayne 01-09-2016 08:41 PM

You can apply to visit your aunt if she's having a medical treatment or to visit your cousin's grave. You can also volunteer w/ a charitable org that works in Mexico.

2Face 01-09-2016 08:51 PM

I would advice against AP at the moment. Just be patient until you have a real reason. These officers really check the evidence you send I would imagine. For seeing a relative who is medically suffering you need to provide SOLID evidence, in my case a civil surgeons letter on his official letterhead and my grandfathers ID copy did it. Don't apply for AP. You will just waste money on application fees.

2Face 01-09-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shebashayne (Post 563901)
You can apply to visit your aunt if she's having a medical treatment or to visit your cousin's grave. You can also volunteer w/ a charitable org that works in Mexico.

This can actually work! But the applicant must absolutely prove "educational" cause. In my sisters case, we had a letter from a volunteer org inviting her and a letter from her HR department at work proving this is part of her field.

amoney3 01-10-2016 09:40 PM

Just find a volunteer organization and get an email/acceptance letter for volunteering with them with the letter head of the organization. Also, provide a brochure or printout from their website about the volunteer work you will be participating in. These were the core parts of my application, and I was approved.

DD4S 01-11-2016 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoney3 (Post 563929)
Just find a volunteer organization and get an email/acceptance letter for volunteering with them with the letter head of the organization. Also, provide a brochure or printout from their website about the volunteer work you will be participating in. These were the core parts of my application, and I was approved.

Thank you very much for this.

shebashayne 01-12-2016 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 563904)
This can actually work! But the applicant must absolutely prove "educational" cause. In my sisters case, we had a letter from a volunteer org inviting her and a letter from her HR department at work proving this is part of her field.

Not quite. See amoney3's post above and do add'l research.

Back on topic, OP I encourage you to apply. The adjudicators decisions are mostly based on how your case is presented. Luckily, you have multiple options to pursue.

amoney3 01-12-2016 02:50 AM

Here is where you can find more programs for volunteering. I was approved when I applied through this organization.

https://www.volunteerhq.org/

DD4S 01-13-2016 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shebashayne (Post 563956)
Not quite. See amoney3's post above and do add'l research.

Back on topic, OP I encourage you to apply. The adjudicators decisions are mostly based on how your case is presented. Luckily, you have multiple options to pursue.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this?
If I understand correctly what you are saying, is if I type a very sad letter about my cousin passing away that might be sufficient?
Please advice.
Thank you!