DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Lankford Says He's Still Working on DACA Fix (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81535)

Red neck 04-07-2018 10:16 PM

Lankford Says He's Still Working on DACA Fix

Oklahoma U.S. Sen. James Lankford said he is still working on a resolution for 800,000 undocumented immigrants covered by the policy known as DACA.

Lankford said the Senate was hearing legislation earlier this year to give them a pathway to citizenship before President Trump ended the Obama-era program, subjecting them to deportation, but those bills fell victim to timing.

"At the same time, federal courts were stepping in and saying to the president, ‘We’re going to put this, any changes, on hold until we review this.’ As soon as the courts did that, a bunch of the members of the Senate just walked away and said, ‘Never mind. There’s no deadline anymore. Never mind, we’ll do this some other time,’ with an unnamed ‘some other time,’" Lankford said.

Lankford said many lawmakers also turned their attention to gun control after the school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Lankford said any DACA resolution must come in tandem with border security measures, largely because of increased activity by Mexican drug cartels.

"Ten years ago, the cartels in Mexico were buying all of their heroin from Afghanistan, actually, the top producer of poppies in the world. So, then they started planting poppies in the mountain areas of Mexico and now they’re producing their own heroin," Lankford said, adding cartels are now making their own fentanyl, too.

They used to get the powerful and potentially deadly narcotic often cut into heroin from China.

JayR9 04-07-2018 10:59 PM

Re: Lankford Says He's Still Working on DACA Fix

Don't get your hopes up. He's not going to give a bill that will get 60 votes.

ceaguila 04-08-2018 12:32 AM

This guy was for a reasonable compromise and then of course moved farther right. No surprise there though

DACA-IR-DA 04-08-2018 12:38 AM

Include aged out Dreamers.

versailles 04-08-2018 02:37 AM

possible narrow deal coming up?
GC status for 800k for full border funding and some of trump's smaller requests?

libertarian1776 04-08-2018 02:50 AM

its most likely over dude. lol best thing that can happen is early 2019.

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 700967)
possible narrow deal coming up?
GC status for 800k for full border funding and some of trump's smaller requests?

versailles 04-08-2018 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 700968)
its most likely over dude. lol best thing that can happen is early 2019.

you people can give up if you want, but there's still some hope.
only way i'll give up is after mid-terms.

libertarian1776 04-08-2018 03:09 AM

yeah we can hope all we want and thats fine. i got 2 more years but at the same time im already processing for express entry to Canada.

gotta work on your back up plans dawg, you dont wanna live illegal forever. u might not want to put all your hopes and dreams on 535 politicians in D.C.

take control of your own destiny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 700969)
you people can give up if you want, but there's still some hope.
only way i'll give up is after mid-terms.

versailles 04-08-2018 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 700971)
yeah we can hope all we want and thats fine. i got 2 more years but at the same time im already processing for express entry to Canada.

gotta work on your back up plans dawg, you dont wanna live illegal forever. u might not want to put all your hopes and dreams on 535 politicians in D.C.

take control of your own destiny.

your telling me this?
lmao, bruv, i've got plans in case i have to leave here or get deported from here AND mexico.
already have some $$$ to start off with, gonna make a life in france or quebec if these losers don't get their shit together.
ya'll pochos can stay here and waste the prime of your lives if you want.

libertarian1776 04-08-2018 03:22 AM

r u going in on a student visa or work visa?

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 700972)
your telling me this?
lmao, bruv, i've got plans in case i have to leave here or get deported from here AND mexico.
already have some $$$ to start off with, gonna make a life in france or quebec if these losers don't get their shit together.
ya'll pochos can stay here and waste the prime of your lives if you want.