DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I485 (Petition for Parents) Question (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83355)

Sorrybrah 02-11-2019 03:42 PM

I485 (Petition for Parents) Question

Hi All,

I petitioned my parents for a GC and today we received a notification that a card is in production. They haven't received their interview date yet... Could it be that it was waived? I checked the EAD application and it was still under initial review (separate case number)

Thank you

Malign0n 02-11-2019 11:59 PM

Re: I485 (Petition for Parents) Question

They do biometrics? How long since you sent in the AOS packet?

Sorrybrah 02-12-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 732795)
They do biometrics? How long since you sent in the AOS packet?

Yup they did their bio back in November (Submitted packet Oct 2018 )

Malign0n 02-12-2019 01:23 AM

Well it definitely looks like their green cards are not only approved but should be receiving a notification that USCIS mailed it soon. Unfortunately/happily the EADs won't be approved because they decided on the overall AOS case so checking status on that is not applicable.

USCIS practices on giving interviews has changed recently where they no longer require it. And use it if they need to collect more evidence or they suspect fraud. I don't see why they would really need to interview your parents since you are a U.S citizen and your parents are your parents.

[Congratulations!]

Demise 02-12-2019 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrybrah (Post 732732)
Hi All,

I petitioned my parents for a GC and today we received a notification that a card is in production. They haven't received their interview date yet... Could it be that it was waived? I checked the EAD application and it was still under initial review (separate case number)

Thank you

Interviews are sometimes waived, they are only mandated when adjusting via marriage and in cases where there's no evidence you were admitted into US (basically 245(i), SIJ, and VAWA cases). Parent sponsorship cases are generally pretty straightforward so they are usually the first ones waived, followed by work sponsorship.

If this is the case they should get their green cards soon, I-765 and I-131 will be denied on the basis there's no I-485 pending anymore.

ankitkiko 02-12-2019 07:13 AM

If they entered legally and overstayed, and you're a USC, then no interview is needed. Congrats!!

Sorrybrah 02-12-2019 11:59 AM

Wow, I should be happy then! I guess DACA made me very cautiously optimistic. Thank you all for the information.

DACA-IR-DA 02-14-2019 12:12 AM

My mother’s interview was waived but the new law from 2017 has parents attend the interview now right?

Sorrybrah 02-15-2019 11:16 AM

GCs arrived yesterday the whole process took less than 90 days. Thank you all for your help. Now onto petitioning my siblings... lol

jaylove16 02-15-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrybrah (Post 733231)
GCs arrived yesterday the whole process took less than 90 days. Thank you all for your help. Now onto petitioning my siblings... lol

Doesn’t it take forever to petition siblings?