DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone following the Kavanaugh hearing? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82802)

complicatedc33 09-27-2018 03:25 PM

Anyone following the Kavanaugh hearing?

A lot of his testimony sounds like bragging and mumbo jumbo. His crocodile tears are showing. He is probably tearing up from anger. So much is at stake for him.

If he didn't do it then he could be calmer as well.

libertarian1776 09-27-2018 04:09 PM

Re: Anyone following the Kavanaugh hearing?

if kavanaugh was a woman, theyd be calling him hysterical/emotional for having a meltdown on live tv.

IamAman 09-27-2018 04:29 PM

To quote the now great former president George W. Bush, "that was some weird shit" right there.

He was completely melting down. He started as loud, angry, and partisan and then channeled the inner trump and started bragging about himself and his high school football and working out and being a good catholic boy who really loved beer (and still loves beer) and he mentioned that like 3 times. Then he would start crying and sucking up a whole glass of water every few minutes.

I've known a lot of drunks going back to High School and the way Dr. Ford described them is pretty much how I remember them though they'd only brag about getting girls drunk...fortunately I was smart enough to not associate with them after one of them who was bigger than me got drunk and was going to throw me in a cold pool in winter but he didn't "remember it" the next day either.

As an adult I saw many more privileged drunks do shitty things just because they could also so I totally believe Dr. Ford and don't believe a word this man says.

complicatedc33 09-27-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 719611)
To quote the now great former president George W. Bush, "that was some weird shit" right there.

He was completely melting down. He started as loud, angry, and partisan and then channeled the inner trump and started bragging about himself and his high school football and working out and being a good catholic boy who really loved beer (and still loves beer) and he mentioned that like 3 times. Then he would start crying and sucking up a whole glass of water every few minutes.

I've known a lot of drunks going back to High School and the way Dr. Ford described them is pretty much how I remember them though they'd only brag about getting girls drunk...fortunately I was smart enough to not associate with them after one of them who was bigger than me got drunk and was going to throw me in a cold pool in winter but he didn't "remember it" the next day either.

As an adult I saw many more privileged drunks do shitty things just because they could also so I totally believe Dr. Ford and don't believe a word this man says.

^ This.

I am so disgusted about how he brought up his children, and how they pray for that woman. He is just rambling around. He said Ford was from different social circles lol

Swim19 09-27-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 719608)
if kavanaugh was a woman, theyd be calling him hysterical/emotional for having a meltdown on live tv.

Yep...but a man is passionate & strong in the same situation.

Pianoswithoutfaith 09-27-2018 06:48 PM

So, can someone explain what the heck is going? I have not follow anythign regarding this.

2MoreYears 09-27-2018 07:02 PM

It was entertaining to say the least. I even microwaved some popcorn.

IamAman 09-27-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 719618)
So, can someone explain what the heck is going? I have not follow anythign regarding this.

• Judge Kennedy retired and Trump picked a very conservative judge Kavanaguh.
  • Around the same time a college professor by the name of Christine Blasey Ford who knows him as the boy who allegedly sexually assaulted her at a party during high school when he was a Junior/Senior and she was a Sophomore/Junior.
  • According to her testimony today, up till then, she had only mentioned it in therapy and to her closest friends over the years while he was a federal judge. Once she found out that he was on the short list for the SCOTUS job, she contacted her congresswoman and wanted to anonymously let them know about her experience.
  • She didn't hear back from them so she also contacted the Washington Post through encrypted messaging and by then her congresswoman had contacted her and brought the concern to Diane Feinstein who promised to not go public with it until she was ready.
  • A few weeks later, Kavanaugh was officially nominated and was going through the confirmation process and about 2 weeks ago, Dr. Rice was publicly named. I'm not sure who leaked the name but Republicans are blaming the Democrats for "holding on" to the name until later in the process to prolong the confirmation until the elections (which if is true, bravo, didn't know you had those kind of balls Democrats), and the Democrats are saying there needs to be more time to interview the other people involved.
  • yada yada yada
  • Dr. Rice agreed to testify this morning with her lawyer by her side while the Republicans decided not to ask her any questions and instead hired a sex crimes prosecutor. Dr. Rice held her own pretty well even though she was clearly out of place in such a setting and was 100% sure that the judge was her attacker.
  • In the afternoon Kavanaugh came to defend himself and he was lashing out, foaming at the mouth and was super angry at all the Democrats...then he went into this weird thing about saying he liked beer in high school and still does and he repeated it several times. But he denied that he would drink so much that he would not remember assaulting someone. According to his yearbook comments however, it's obvious they were just a bunch of rich kids partying all the time...In my opinion at least.
  • From then on it was a complete shit show of Republicans attacking the democrats and riding the Judge hard while the Democrats kept asking for the FBI to investigate while the judge filibustered his answers and was a complete douchebag.

Pianoswithoutfaith 09-27-2018 07:29 PM

Has 2Face defended Kavanaguh yet?

2dreamORnot2dream 09-27-2018 08:09 PM

Compelling testemony by both, Justice Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford. I was rivitted by this unfolding human drama as it unfolded through the lens of our political system. As compelling as Dr. Ford was she had 36 yrs to “color” these traumatic events in her mind. Human beings make horrible eye witnesses. I know Dr Ford said she had one beer but there may have been other substances used at the party that may not have been discussed that may have altered her recallection of the events. I wouldn’t be so quick to destroy a persons life on nearly half century old unsubstantiated allegations.

They need to get this Mark Judge fella in front of this committee ...