DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   It's nice to know I am not the only one! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=4708)

ucgirl 08-04-2007 01:00 AM

It's nice to know I am not the only one!

Hi everyone,
My name is Maria. I just want to say that I am so happy to find people who share the same secret that I have to live with. Thanks, you help make everyday a little more bearable. So I guess this is the part where I tell you about myself. I am originally from Mexico. My biological father moved my mother and I to California when I was 3. They separated when I was 4. I didn't find out that I was illegal until I was in middle school and my mother took me to an immigration attorney to meet my father. He had obtained his citizenship by then and as his child that made me a citizen as well. Small problem he refused to sign the paperwork recognizing me as his daughter. He moved to Georgia and we have been trying to find him for the last three years. Since then my mother has gotten her residency making me that only person in my family that is here illegally. Luckily I live in CA which means I can pay instate tuition, which my parents have paid for through the equity in our home. I am currently a senior at UCI so if any of you are from the O.C. get in touch with me. I am planning on applying to law schools this year and the Dream Act is the only hope I have of feasibly getting a law degree. A house can only be worth so much right?! Anyway this is my hello and again thank you all for this forum :D .

califoniadreamin' 08-04-2007 01:18 AM

welcome ucgirl!

While I am not in the o.c. I'm still pretty darn close. I'm in the L.A. area.

I hope you get involved in this site, every little bits counts

HOPEFULDREAMER 08-04-2007 11:20 AM

Welcome ucgirl!! :D

Tasksgirl 08-04-2007 02:36 PM

OUCH.. have you given up looking for him?
Did you have a visa which expired?

Hey well I'm in L.A. we are trying to plan something here let me know if you are interested

Zodiak 08-04-2007 11:06 PM

Welcome =)

8.valenzuela 08-06-2007 02:55 PM

Welcome UCgirl!
I recently became a member of this forum and I am very pleased to "meet" people who are in the same situation as me and that we are all motivated students who want to take action. I am currently attending CSUF so I am pretty close to you. I dont live in o.c but attend school there. Sorry to hear about your father, cant believe anyone will do that to a child knowing how important that is for his/her future. Welcome!!!

Message to TaskGIrl, I live in the L.A area and saw the message u left saying that you are planning something, let me know as I will love to be part of it
Thanks in advance!

Mecuador 08-06-2007 06:41 PM

Hi UCgirl
I am in the O.C. area and I recently graduated from High School. I am starting College on the fall. I hope everything goes well for you

ucgirl 08-07-2007 12:53 AM

Hey well I'm in L.A. we are trying to plan something here let me know if you are interested[/quote]

I would definitely be interested in doing something, but it might be a little hard to get to LA since I can't drive. Still keep me informed and I will do what I can to get there. Oh and I didn't have a visa when I came in and yes I am still looking for him. We actually got ahold of his parents but they gave my mom a number that isn't in service anymore.

Ed 08-07-2007 02:13 AM

welcome!. i too am from California, and i have a lot of friends, that live in Southern California, but i unfortunately transfered residence to las vegas. which isnt too far, but anyways good luck with that, lets all just hope Dream Act passes, although at least you are able to pay instate tuition fees.