DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)**** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

shiro13 10-22-2012 11:41 AM

Re: *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)****

Quote:

Originally Posted by choukette (Post 348598)
What u need to understand is that an officer looking at ur case will take that as proof of student status not proof of continuous residency. I am no big shot lawyer but on USCIS.COM they put proof of student status and proof of continuous residency separate because they want to see separate evidence for each category.

meaning you can't take school papers to provide proof of continuous residency for five years. It might make sense in the real world but to USCIS those are two different categories that fall under two different guidelines and thus should be accounted for separately. Good news is it's not that bad. Just go back to the website and read what they ask as evidence for continuous residency....find those things and send them. If u don't have them, get creative use emails facebook ebay amazon invoice to help u. good luck!

USCIS provided examples what you can send as proof and school records are there. School transcripts shows your address you resided while you were attending the school. However, I understand what you mean.

I haven't gotten my RFE letter and I honestly don't know what else I need to prove. If that is the case, the only thing I could provide them are my amazon and eBay invoices. Maybe I'll ask my teachers and counselors for letters. I live with my parents so the lease and bills are under their name.

choukette 10-22-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny321 (Post 348642)
Actually im only 18 and For the past 5 years the only thing I sent were my official high school transcripts which covered 8th grade-12th grade and some 7th grade report cards and that was good enough. I got an RFE for identification and I sent back a copy of my passport and matricula but as far as continuous presence goes they didn't ask for anything other than ID which means everything else checks out.

well when uscis says "case by case review" you better believe it. Just because your school transcript checked out does not mean Oasis' school records will too. He is in college and been here longer so there's more scrutiny when reviewing his case.

jvxargent 10-22-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choukette (Post 348585)
oh sorry for answering back so late...I had a hectic weekend. I did not consult a lawyer but had the help of a good friend of mine who just got approved a political asylum case, which by the way he did every step on his own. Anyways back to ur question.

NUMBER 1: During the five years of continuous residency how many times did u leave the states? To determine that, get ur passport and count how many entry stamps DHS has put in ur passport. List those entries in order by date on different sheet of papers.

Number 2: to the best of ur recollection write under each travel what u went for and what u did there.

Number 3: start collecting documents to show evidence of those travels. I prefer affidavits because it makes it clear that people are aware of your travel and that in facts u did travel and had a legit reason to travel.

Number 4: write an affidavit yourself to explain the nature of your travels answering to what where when why how. always in order from first travel to last.

Number 5: make sure that every travel that interrupts the five years continuous residency and which is recorded in ur passport is accounted for in your evidences. Have a second person revise everything as if they were the officer that will look at ur case. Ask that person if he/she understand what u are trying to explain. If yes then send.

personally I would not say u need a lawyer but that's up to you to decide. Hope I helped!

Thanks. But what if you had a tourist visa (no stamps) and don't recall all your trips taken like 4 years ago?

choukette 10-22-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiro13 (Post 348646)
USCIS provided examples what you can send as proof and school records are there. School transcripts shows your address you resided while you were attending the school. However, I understand what you mean.

I haven't gotten my RFE letter and I honestly don't know what else I need to prove. If that is the case, the only thing I could provide them are my amazon and eBay invoices. Maybe I'll ask my teachers and counselors for letters. I live with my parents so the lease and bills are under their name.

Yes the good thing is you can provide affidavits if ur evidences are insufficient. But for sure let us know first because in some situations it's appropriate to send affidavits and in some it's appropriate to send evidences or even both.

choukette 10-22-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvxargent (Post 348706)
Thanks. But what if you had a tourist visa (no stamps) and don't recall all your trips taken like 4 years ago?

So u telling me u entered the U.S through an airport or seaport and never got ur passport stamped by dhs? first of all where did u enter from? and how do u forget a trip so recent? I am really starting to doubt ur story here my friend.

Obey_DrosKid 10-22-2012 02:40 PM

woooohoooo I was just approved today :D It says card in production! Hope all of yous that got an rfe get approved as well.

arclite 10-22-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiro13 (Post 348646)

Bare in mind that it is possible that they may have missed some of the stuff you sent, in that case just resubmit what they over looked. Goahead and send amazon and ebay invoices, anything that you can find. I used online invoices and emails from companies that I ordered from on my RFE. I also sent 3 notarized letters. I even sent stuff off Facebook for what its worth.

Dont stress it. Wait till you ge the letter. It could be something simple. Good news is that there seems to be a fast turn around time on RFEs

jvxargent 10-22-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choukette (Post 348585)
oh sorry for answering back so late...I had a hectic weekend. I did not consult a lawyer but had the help of a good friend of mine who just got approved a political asylum case, which by the way he did every step on his own. Anyways back to ur question.

NUMBER 1: During the five years of continuous residency how many times did u leave the states? To determine that, get ur passport and count how many entry stamps DHS has put in ur passport. List those entries in order by date on different sheet of papers.

Number 2: to the best of ur recollection write under each travel what u went for and what u did there.

Number 3: start collecting documents to show evidence of those travels. I prefer affidavits because it makes it clear that people are aware of your travel and that in facts u did travel and had a legit reason to travel.

Number 4: write an affidavit yourself to explain the nature of your travels answering to what where when why how. always in order from first travel to last.

Number 5: make sure that every travel that interrupts the five years continuous residency and which is recorded in ur passport is accounted for in your evidences. Have a second person revise everything as if they were the officer that will look at ur case. Ask that person if he/she understand what u are trying to explain. If yes then send.

personally I would not say u need a lawyer but that's up to you to decide. Hope I helped!

Quote:

Originally Posted by choukette (Post 348712)
So u telling me u entered the U.S through an airport or seaport and never got ur passport stamped by dhs? first of all where did u enter from? and how do u forget a trip so recent? I am really starting to doubt ur story here my friend.

Well if you have a tourist visa they just scan it upon entering and you don't need a passport that's why I don't have the stamps. I did not enter through any airport nor seaport, it was just the border with Mexico that I crossed.

shiro13 10-22-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choukette (Post 348709)
Yes the good thing is you can provide affidavits if ur evidences are insufficient. But for sure let us know first because in some situations it's appropriate to send affidavits and in some it's appropriate to send evidences or even both.

I will. I hope I get the letter this week. Someone who got RFE from TSC haven't gotten their letter yet.

solo 10-22-2012 03:45 PM

ok buddies, i just got approved for both cases after getting an RFE letter :)
So happy right now and this proves that DIOS nunca desapara asus hijos :)
Good luck to everyone else :)