DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Updated I-765 Form Question (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83783)

Carlo 08-09-2019 01:29 PM

Updated I-765 Form Question
 
So there's an updated version of I-765 that is out now and will be the new form we have to fill out going forward. However, it's a bit harder to fill out than the previous version, specifically Question 21.

The section heading says "Information About Your Last Arrival in the United States", but then proceeds to ask questions about "Most Recent Passport" and the Passport you used to enter the United States. This is all well and good if the passport you entered with is also the most recent passport you hold, but you can (and I did) get a more recent passport by going to your nearest consulate. So now I have two passports in question. (1) the passport I entered with and (2) my most recent passport.

So here's my question: did I fill this section of the form correctly for item 21.

21.a.
Q: Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number(if any)
A: I-94 # from (1) Old passport I entered the US with
Thoughts: Pretty straight forward as only one will have the I-94 attached to it, which is the one you entered with

21.b.
Q: Passport Number of Your Most Recently Issued Passport
A. Passport Number from (2) Most Recent Passport Issued
Thoughts: Also straight forward since in the question, it says "most recent"

21.c.
Q: Travel Document Number (if any)
A: N/A, I have no idea what this is and couldn't find it my (2) most recent passport so went with N/A
Thoughts: This is kind of vague, I couldn't find this on either of my passports, so I N/A since it was optional, any thoughts?

21.d.
Q: Country that issued your passport or Travel Document
A: Going to be the same in both cases, so doesn't matter
Thoughts: Also straight forward

21.e.
Q: Expiration Date for Passport or Travel Document
A: Passport Expiration Date from (2) Most Recent Passport Issued
Thoughts: This is the most ambiguous one since the title for the subsection is "Information about your last arrival in the United States", I'm really not sure which passport information (1) or (2) to take the info from

22.
Q: Date of Your Last Arrival into the United State, on or about
A: Passport Entry stamp date on my (1) Old Passport I Entered US with
Thoughts: Pretty straight forward that they want the passport you entered with

So any thoughts on this, specifically 21.c. and 21.e.? What did you put? or what makes the most sense to you?

And since I'm already asking and I'm a bit paranoid. for item 27. Eligibility Category we are (c)(33) correct? I'm like 99% sure that's right but just thought I'd double-check.

Carlo 08-09-2019 02:16 PM

Re: Updated I-765 Form Question
 
After some digging, found this pretty good annotated version:

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/f...on-final_0.pdf

The information looks old for I-821D tho, but up-to-date on I-765 & i-765WS.

Still would appreciate people's thoughts on this though

AsianDreamer 08-09-2019 02:52 PM

Re: Updated I-765 Form Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 739648)
After some digging, found this pretty good annotated version:

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/f...on-final_0.pdf

The information looks old for I-821D tho, but up-to-date on I-765 & i-765WS.

Still would appreciate people's thoughts on this though


Good info. Thanks!

dmv18 08-10-2019 01:39 PM

Re: Updated I-765 Form Question
 
You use your i94 number, but the MOST RECENT passport number. I rechecked my copy for 21c, and I left that one blank.

Carlo 08-10-2019 07:43 PM

Re: Updated I-765 Form Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmv18 (Post 739679)
You use your i94 number, but the MOST RECENT passport number. I rechecked my copy for 21c, and I left that one blank.

Thanks, I did just that!

dreamerdfdf 08-18-2019 11:03 PM

Re: Updated I-765 Form Question
 
I agree with Carlo and dmv18 since it says MOST RECENTLY issued passport; however, I was also confused since the I-765 Instructions say the following:

"Passport and Travel Document Numbers. If you used a passport or travel document to travel to the United States, enter
either the passport or travel document information in the appropriate space on the application, even if the passport or
travel document is currently expired."

Carlo,

I also put the expiration of my most recently issued passport (2).

Carlo 08-21-2019 12:23 PM

Re: Updated I-765 Form Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamerdfdf (Post 739938)
I agree with Carlo and dmv18 since it says MOST RECENTLY issued passport; however, I was also confused since the I-765 Instructions say the following:

"Passport and Travel Document Numbers. If you used a passport or travel document to travel to the United States, enter
either the passport or travel document information in the appropriate space on the application, even if the passport or
travel document is currently expired."

Carlo,

I also put the expiration of my most recently issued passport (2).

Thanks for the input! I feel a lot better with sending it out now. Good luck to everyone renewing!

dmv18 08-21-2019 06:49 PM

Re: Updated I-765 Form Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 740034)
Thanks for the input! I feel a lot better with sending it out now. Good luck to everyone renewing!

I just saw my approval online yesterday and did exactly what I told you I did. I just put my most recent passport number, which is expired. You don’t need to put two passport numbers on there. It will probably just confuse them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.