DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   washington drivers license question (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19185)

Ethoswithme 12-19-2010 01:31 AM

washington drivers license question

hey guys for those of you that have gotten your DL, do you know if they still require proof of residency at washington state. also, im thinking about taking a week off work to go there, do you think thats enough time. if you please please give me a brake down of the process much appreciated. im so down about todays news, but we have to get our spirits up and survive THEY will not define our future.

Bad analogy - we are like cockroches, they try to kill us and put us down but we are fuckn still here. bitches and were still gonna be here after the apocolypse

AlexP2 12-19-2010 03:05 AM

Re: washington drivers license question

They still require proof of adress, like a apartment lease or waterbill with ur name clearly on it.

mkizz 12-19-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexP2 (Post 200265)
They still require proof of adress, like a apartment lease or waterbill with ur name clearly on it.

how do you get those if your not from washington?

AlexP2 12-19-2010 03:37 AM

Rent a apartment for like a month or something. If you have family members their then they could help you out by placing you name on utility bills.

This is my scenerio:

So my dad was renting a apartment in the seattle metro and thats how I obtained my permit. He doesnt work in seattle no more and moved back to Portland. To obtain my licence in a month, it is neede to be mail to my WA adress only. Instead of wasting alot of money on renting a new apt., we just opened up a PO Box in WA, close to the OR/WA border.

Now when i pass my drivers test this month, my licence will be mailed to my PO Box, instead of an adress thats 3 hours away and not owned by us anymore. To get a PO Box, u need a licence, a lease agreement and a utility bill.

MIdreamer 12-19-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexP2 (Post 200281)
Instead of wasting alot of money on renting a new apt., we just opened up a PO Box in WA, close to the OR/WA border.

Now when i pass my drivers test this month, my licence will be mailed to my PO Box, instead of an adress thats 3 hours away and not owned by us anymore. To get a PO Box, u need a licence, a lease agreement and a utility bill.

I though they don't mail licences to PO BOX, how?

mkizz 12-19-2010 04:13 AM

if you get washington license, can you drive with it in other state? because im from ca

jtcomander 12-19-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkizz (Post 200291)
if you get washington license, can you drive with it in other state? because im from ca

Certainly,you can.If caught by police,just answer u r visiting and using a friend's car.EAaassssssy.What i don't know is what is embedded in the DL issued by WA.If stopped by police,they will run it and it might say in dbase,No SSN...then u r screwed.

AlexP2 12-19-2010 03:22 PM

I talked to a DMV "white bit*h" (J/k, she was not nice either way) and she told me that they can mail it to a PO box, but It has to be a PO box in Washington only.

Blood_rush_89 12-19-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtcomander (Post 200485)
Certainly,you can.If caught by police,just answer u r visiting and using a friend's car.EAaassssssy.What i don't know is what is embedded in the DL issued by WA.If stopped by police,they will run it and it might say in dbase,No SSN...then u r screwed.

I was thinking of the same thing as well..what if its just an easy way of tracking illegal aliens? Its definitely possible. Or maybe were just being paranoid..

jtcomander 12-24-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood_rush_89 (Post 200500)
I was thinking of the same thing as well..what if its just an easy way of tracking illegal aliens? Its definitely possible. Or maybe were just being paranoid..

Actually, it's not being paranoid...but a possibility. Coz you submitted all your docs and signed a declaration of no SSN. How else do you think would the Govt. separate people with SSN and those who don't.Baseline is..it is all reflected/recorded within the chips of the ID card.All of your info in it that you submitted.Makes sense?