DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Starting over in Mexico (or your country of origin) (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=75036)

230.ajimenez 11-23-2016 04:42 AM

Starting over in Mexico (or your country of origin)

I would like to know if any of you have serious plans about starting over in other countries. If you have any suggestions on how to start over in Mexico (specifically since it's my home country) I would appreciate the advice. At this point in time it's something that it's not too crazy to consider.

I have an idea of what I will do so I'd like to share it:

My parents are trying to resist going back to Mexico but I feel living in the shadows is not humane. The stress and anxiety are not worth it. They have considered using their savings to buy a house but they also think that they wouldn't be able to have jobs to pay of the rest of their mortgage since jobs in Mexico do not pay well. I was considering helping her out with the mortgage by doing weddings/quinceañera photography. My sister and I own professional equipment) and that's what we have been doing in Los Angeles for the past six months. It's starting out but we rely on weekday jobs (that soon may be gone). We were thinking about working hard to advertise our business in Mexico and go from there.

If any of you have suggestions for safe places to live in Mexico or where to start getting clientele? I would appreciate that. I've been researching a few places already. My guess is that if I go live with my parents I would be relocating to Guadalajara. Anyone from Guadalajara?

g33k 11-23-2016 05:23 AM

Re: Starting over in Mexico (or your country of origin)

Guadalajara here...

DreamerSD23 11-23-2016 05:44 AM

U.S. is my home country.

Crilly 11-23-2016 10:01 AM

I will stay in US. I feel passionate that US is my home country and whatever happens I will stay.

There are people here that say US doesn't want us here, we are hated here that we are not real amaricans, those people should leave. They spread hate among us, and should not benefit from any immigration bills.

Dreamer999 11-23-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerSD23 (Post 590711)
U.S. is my home country.

I feel the same way.

JohannBernoulli1667 11-23-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 230.ajimenez (Post 590708)
I would like to know if any of you have serious plans about starting over in other countries. If you have any suggestions on how to start over in Mexico (specifically since it's my home country) I would appreciate the advice. At this point in time it's something that it's not too crazy to consider.

I have an idea of what I will do so I'd like to share it:

My parents are trying to resist going back to Mexico but I feel living in the shadows is not humane. The stress and anxiety are not worth it. They have considered using their savings to buy a house but they also think that they wouldn't be able to have jobs to pay of the rest of their mortgage since jobs in Mexico do not pay well. I was considering helping her out with the mortgage by doing weddings/quinceañera photography. My sister and I own professional equipment) and that's what we have been doing in Los Angeles for the past six months. It's starting out but we rely on weekday jobs (that soon may be gone). We were thinking about working hard to advertise our business in Mexico and go from there.

If any of you have suggestions for safe places to live in Mexico or where to start getting clientele? I would appreciate that. I've been researching a few places already. My guess is that if I go live with my parents I would be relocating to Guadalajara. Anyone from Guadalajara?

I would like it to be different. But the reality is that, based on your plans. This is a terrible idea.

If you do not have college degree from an elite school and/or are well connected, your chances to be able to sustain yourself and a family are slim to none.

It is a sad reality but one you have to face.

Now, if you have a college education, a good business background, or an engineering degree with money saved to buy a home in a good neighborhood then I would say yes, you will be better off in Mexico. But if that is not the case, I would say living undocumented in the U.S is still far better.

papi mango 11-23-2016 02:25 PM

please don't panic. nothing crazy going to happen. all i will say is keep up hard work with your job. try to make as much as you can and keep saving. pay your taxes, don't do anything wrong, keep your self clean you will be fine. all i would say save as much as you can. think about tomorrow and rest only god knows and good things happen to those who do good deeds. patients and faith is the only key friends.

230.ajimenez 11-23-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 590784)
I would like it to be different. But the reality is that, based on your plans. This is a terrible idea.

If you do not have college degree from an elite school and/or are well connected, your chances to be able to sustain yourself and a family are slim to none.

It is a sad reality but one you have to face.

Now, if you have a college education, a good business background, or an engineering degree with money saved to buy a home in a good neighborhood then I would say yes, you will be better off in Mexico. But if that is not the case, I would say living undocumented in the U.S is still far better.

I appreciate the concern and the advice! It's something that's been floating in my mind but I do see how incredibly risky it is. I was thinking about finishing school in Mexico but maybe my best option is to keep going with my photography business here in Los Angeles. The fact of the matter is that living at home with my parents has been really difficult because my mom is emotionally abusive and it's hard to be around her in our tiny home. I don't want to rant about my life unnecessarily but living in Los Angeles is expensive. I'm extremely stressed out and I was hoping to live a simpler and de-stressed life.

230.ajimenez 11-23-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crilly (Post 590728)
I will stay in US. I feel passionate that US is my home country and whatever happens I will stay.

There are people here that say US doesn't want us here, we are hated here that we are not real amaricans, those people should leave. They spread hate among us, and should not benefit from any immigration bills.

I thought twice about replying... I just want to say I'm in no way spreading hate. It's really difficult to live in the shadows. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about your home country but I hope you find that self-care is important. That is all.

IamAman 11-23-2016 05:00 PM

I'd hang myself in my jail cell before I'm taken back to my home country. I mean that.