DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What if you have no doucment to prove you are here since 07? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28873)

Xtra 07-30-2012 12:39 PM

What if you have no doucment to prove you are here since 07?

I graduated in 05 and after that I have been working under the table, everything I do is paid by cash. I rent from a guy who sublease to me and I pay rent by cash, no utilities bill since it is included in the rent, I share a cell phone plan with my friend and the plan is under his name. I don't have my own bank account until 09. I did register for selective service in 08 and that's pretty much the only paper trail I have under my name. But I did read it somewhere in the FAQ in this forum that if I can have someone to sign a affidavits saying that I have been living here since 07, that can be my proof, which something I can do. I am just wondering is it going to work and is it enough to prove my residency for the last 5 years?

JohannBernoulli1667 07-30-2012 01:38 PM

Re: What if you have no doucment to prove you are here since 07?

Damn, what were you thinking all this time? I do not know it is going to be tough in my opinion.

Swim19 07-30-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtra (Post 269459)
I graduated in 05 and after that I have been working under the table, everything I do is paid by cash. I rent from a guy who sublease to me and I pay rent by cash, no utilities bill since it is included in the rent, I share a cell phone plan with my friend and the plan is under his name. I don't have my own bank account until 09. I did register for selective service in 08 and that's pretty much the only paper trail I have under my name. But I did read it somewhere in the FAQ in this forum that if I can have someone to sign a affidavits saying that I have been living here since 07, that can be my proof, which something I can do. I am just wondering is it going to work and is it enough to prove my residency for the last 5 years?

^ do you get any sort of receipt from the guy you sublease from when you pay him cash? Dated lease agreement? More than likely you will need affidavits. Certainly you won't have the strongest case with your lack of documents, but try to think creatively. I'm sure you aren't the only one in this situation, so hopefully as more information is released you can come up with ideas.

Dream becomes Reality 07-30-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 269468)
Damn, what were you thinking all this time? I do not know it is going to be tough in my opinion.

The OP (Original Poster) asks a very valid question, as Undocumented people A LOT of us do not have the specific documents that enable us to be entered into the system in different capacities. A lot of our states are very strict when it comes to obtaining certain documents or privileges like licenses or bank accounts so it's accurate to think that we have very minimal paper trail. I'm sure USCIS is aware of this and will make standard accommodations for this requirement.

IamAman 07-30-2012 02:14 PM

No report cards? That should prove you were here before then. No doctors visits since then? No library card?

Xtra 07-30-2012 03:25 PM

Yeah I can get school record before 05 but after that pretty much nothing. I am very fortunate, I have not visit a doctor since I left school and I don't have a library card. I tried to get one in my city and they asked me a US gov issued ID which I don't have so I walk away. I guess we are called "undocumented" for a reason.

sergealex 07-30-2012 03:30 PM

I'm in the same situation, difference is that I been working under a fake name and fake ssn . :/ Which I don't even know if it could work out if I show my paystubs under my fake name. (which is my middle name and second last name.)

SK18 07-30-2012 03:32 PM

I'm in the same boat. No docs since 09.

Nic89 07-30-2012 03:46 PM

Let's just wait until Wednesday, will know more about this issue. Wish some one take up this issue at confrence with DHS.

JohannBernoulli1667 07-30-2012 04:25 PM

Man, I did not realize how tough this was... I am sorry. Hopefully something can be worked out. School records will be crucial.

Fingers crossed for you guys.