DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Microsoft wants DACA dead (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83710)

Got_Daca 07-02-2019 05:53 PM

Microsoft wants DACA dead

https://i.redd.it/fnw96pt49v731.png

Got_Daca 07-02-2019 05:55 PM

Re: Microsoft wants DACA dead

Always trust actions over words

dreamer__13 07-02-2019 07:10 PM

If I recall correctly, some of these companies donate money to both parties with the intent of appearing neutral. If not true, fuck them. I don’t even like Windows.

2Face 07-02-2019 07:18 PM

What kind of a bullshit title is that for a thread. This is not even news. First of all the words “DACA” and “legislation” don’t go hand in hand. And DACA is not the only damn issue that Companies care about. The world doesn’t revolve around us. There must be some other reason they donated to Turtle. Definitely loading up more on Microsoft stock.

Hallowpoint1911 07-02-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 738646)
What kind of a bullshit title is that for a thread. This is not even news. First of all the words “DACA” and “legislation” don’t go hand in hand. And DACA is not the only damn issue that Companies care about. The world doesn’t revolve around us. There must be some other reason they donated to Turtle. Definitely loading up more on Microsoft stock.

DACA and legislation don’t go together? Are you stupid?

Alby 07-02-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallowpoint1911 (Post 738647)

He is! I would just ignore and not engage with it.

Outsider626 07-02-2019 08:15 PM

Switching to Apple

2Face 07-02-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallowpoint1911 (Post 738647)

No. DACA an act of prosecutorial discretion. It’s a temporary order by DHS. Legislation is something that’s meant to be permanent. Did you pay attention in your civics class? For Dreamer legislation to pass DACA must go. That’s the sad and bitter truth of this corrupt Congress that doesn’t act if there’s no urgency.

2MoreYears 07-02-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 738649)
Switching to Apple

Bitch please.

DogJuiceMan 07-02-2019 09:01 PM

So glad I don't use Microsoft products. They can keep their shit tier os, their EEE. Any dreamer that works for them has earned their reward.

Use Microsoft and you fuck your fellow dreamers.

2MoreYears 07-02-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogJuiceMan (Post 738652)
So glad I don't use Microsoft products. They can keep their shit tier os, their EEE. Any dreamer that works for them has earned their reward.

Use Microsoft and you fuck your fellow dreamers.

What do you use? The Penguin ?

dreamer12345 07-02-2019 09:23 PM

I guarantee you Mitch made more money for Microsoft by passing tax cuts than all DACA workforce in Microsoft combined.

DogJuiceMan 07-02-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 738653)
What do you use? The Penguin ?

I use the penguin at home and then my job requires me to use Windows cause they like being insecure and they like to use software that only works with internet explorer.

Malign0n 07-02-2019 11:13 PM

Microsoft contributes to both political parties. Just because they’re donating to Mitch McConnell doesn’t mean they’re out against DACA

isk84life 07-02-2019 11:27 PM

Most companies donate to both parties. Move on.

BestBefore1984 07-03-2019 12:26 AM

Microsoft can lick my non MicroPenis.

Ubuntu all the way baby.

BestBefore1984 07-03-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 738657)
Microsoft contributes to both political parties. Just because they’re donating to Mitch McConnell doesn’t mean they’re out against DACA

Quote:

Originally Posted by isk84life (Post 738658)
Most companies donate to both parties. Move on.

Ummm...guys. If you're Microsoft employees, I can understand...if you're not, then there is no saving you two.

Perhaps Microsoft should stop meddling in politics and divert their political contributions back to themselves, so they can invest on some R&D, cause ain't no one willingly buying the crap they're putting out there.

isk84life 07-03-2019 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 738662)
Ummm...guys. If you're Microsoft employees, I can understand...if you're not, then there is no saving you two.

Perhaps Microsoft should stop meddling in politics and divert their political contributions back to themselves, so they can invest on some R&D, cause ain't no one willingly buying the crap they're putting out there.

You are a little lost man. Microsoft is doing really well. They hit a market valuation above Apple and Amazon last year.

juvi 07-03-2019 10:29 AM

Lol what???
They're one of the top tech companies advocating for a DACA "fix". They've sent their DACA employees to DC to lobby senators/congressmen. I went twice with DACA recipients from my company and both times there were ~10 MS DACA employees there as well. I met ppl from FB, LinkedIn, Adobe, Intel, MS, Google, and other smaller companies.. You know who didn't have any representatives there... Apple.
Granted we didn't get anything done well because Congress is divided as hell but we met with the likes of Paul Ryan's office, Pelosi herself, Durbin's office, Kamala herself, Ted Cruz's office, Cornyn's office, Graham. We basically meetings with all the big hitters because it was a coalition of tech companies, not some disorganized UWD protest or whatever.

MIdreamer 07-03-2019 11:06 AM

Apple here I come! Open wallet and cry...

IamAman 07-03-2019 11:34 AM

So this is where we are focusing our righteous indignation at today? I thought it would be over ICE fining undocumented people half a million dollars, but sure let's focus it on the company that has spoken out for us and has hired Dreamers.

Pianoswithoutfaith 07-03-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 738669)
So this is where we are focusing our righteous indignation at today? I thought it would be over ICE fining undocumented people half a million dollars, but sure let's focus it on the company that has spoken out for us and has hired Dreamers.

You think MAGA wanna be dreamers care about that?

lmao!

BestBefore1984 07-03-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isk84life (Post 738666)
You are a little lost man. Microsoft is doing really well. They hit a market valuation above Apple and Amazon last year.

Do you mind pointing me in the right direction good sir?

I read that even Microsoft leadership doesn't believe that the whole market evaluation is something to be excited about.

Edit:

Source - https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/micr...arket-cap.html

Even the CEO thinks Microsoft has been a failure and for good reason. They'll be lucky if 100 dreamers buy their shitty products/services.

Smooth 07-03-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 738669)

Why not focus on both and more?

jwxie518 07-03-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 738671)
Do you mind pointing me in the right direction good sir?

I read that even Microsoft leadership doesn't believe that the whole market evaluation is something to be excited about.

Edit:

Source - https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/micr...arket-cap.html

Even the CEO thinks Microsoft has been a failure and for good reason. They'll be lucky if 100 dreamers buy their shitty products/services.

Windows 10 isn't so bad. Also, as a gaming platform you can't beat PC/Windows.

Disclaimer: I work with Linux all day long as my job.

IamAman 07-03-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 738672)
Why not focus on both and more?

Because this is a non-story and silly.

Smooth 07-03-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 738681)
Because this is a non-story and silly.

Why silly? Isn't this about principle? Microsoft is contributing to the guy that is an obstacle to fair, harmless immigration bills.

vft1008 07-03-2019 08:10 PM

PSA:
All of you thinking this is a valid concern better start looking into all the political affiliations and contributions of the brands of clothes you wear, the manufacturer of the car you drive, the restaurants you eat at, the company that makes the lotion you use to jack off with and the toilet paper you wipe your ass with, etc. etc. etc.

Let's not cherrypick, now. Todo o nada.

BestBefore1984 07-03-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vft1008 (Post 738689)
PSA:
All of you thinking this is a valid concern better start looking into all the political affiliations and contributions of the brands of clothes you wear, the manufacturer of the car you drive, the restaurants you eat at, the company that makes the lotion you use to jack off with and the toilet paper you wipe your ass with, etc. etc. etc.

Let's not cherrypick, now. Todo o nada.

Damn guurl.

IamAman 07-04-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 738686)
Why silly? Isn't this about principle? Microsoft is contributing to the guy that is an obstacle to fair, harmless immigration bills.

Overall $10,000 is a small contribution the multi-billion dollar corporation made and they do it to both parties so when they have an issue with a policy, they will be heard by the politician. That's standard practice.

It's silly because time and time again, Microsoft's CEO has spoken on behalf of immigrants and especially when he's had a chance to meet with government officials. None of that seems to matter though and all of a sudden the brain trust on here is calling for boycotting Microsoft because they threw a bone at Mitch who hates us.

It's extra silly because now the "principled" people on here have turned into a Windows debate which is extra extra silly since Windows has always gone out of its way to run on any bucket of computer parts you threw at it when Apple has mostly just catered to the privileged who can afford their products and only their products.

juvi 07-04-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 738699)
Overall $10,000 is a small contribution the multi-billion dollar corporation made and they do it to both parties so when they have an issue with a policy, they will be heard by the politician. That's standard practice.

It's silly because time and time again, Microsoft's CEO has spoken on behalf of immigrants and especially when he's had a chance to meet with government officials. None of that seems to matter though and all of a sudden the brain trust on here is calling for boycotting Microsoft because they threw a bone at Mitch who hates us.

It's extra silly because now the "principled" people on here have turned into a Windows debate which is extra extra silly since Windows has always gone out of its way to run on any bucket of computer parts you threw at it when Apple has mostly just catered to the privileged who can afford their products and only their products.

It's even more silly after I called out Apple not having any DACA employees in DC the 2 times I was there. All other tech giants did.

Smooth 07-04-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 738699)

Fair.

IamAman 07-05-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 738707)
Fair.

https://media.giphy.com/media/35pTQFiy14OeA/giphy.gif