DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Question about initial entry. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=71422)

TKDwarrior 04-17-2015 11:23 PM

Question about initial entry.

Hi guys,

I have a question about my initial entry. My father sent for me when I was 3. I came with someone else other than my parents. I am not exactly sure what happened at the POE but I believe I entered with someone else's papers(names, passport, birth certificate etc). No fingerprints were taken. Does anyone know if this constitutes a fraudulent entry or an EWI? If there is no way to prove which type of entry it was, is there any benefit to saying it was fraudulent or ewi?

I am planning to travel on AP but am very worried that grounds of inadmissibility could apply.
I am 24 married to USC
I entered as a 3year old in 1993

Any info helps!
Thanks!

TC 04-18-2015 12:06 PM

Re: Question about initial entry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKDwarrior (Post 557537)
Hi guys,

I have a question about my initial entry. My father sent for me when I was 3. I came with someone else other than my parents. I am not exactly sure what happened at the POE but I believe I entered with someone else's papers(names, passport, birth certificate etc). No fingerprints were taken. Does anyone know if this constitutes a fraudulent entry or an EWI? If there is no way to prove which type of entry it was, is there any benefit to saying it was fraudulent or ewi?

I am planning to travel on AP but am very worried that grounds of inadmissibility could apply.
I am 24 married to USC
I entered as a 3year old in 1993

Any info helps!
Thanks!

This is an interesting question that I would also like some insight on. I was brought here by my mom when I was 1 1/2 and had my own passport. But according to her I wasn't given an I-9. All that's in my baby passport is stamps saying the time I entered. I had always been under the assumption that was my "I-9". I guess they don't give those to children? My mom lost hers many years ago. I wonder if I could adjust while in the US or I'd have to do AP first? My mom had an approved I-140 case that I was named as a beneficiary but years of moving and mishap seem to have killed that case. My aunt also tried filing for us before 2001 but I don't think those are open.

Pianoswithoutfaith 04-20-2015 12:21 PM

Even if i twas fraudulent, you were a kid with no choice. So when you made your life here, did you lived it by your own name or continue using the other persons info>

TKDwarrior 04-23-2015 01:59 PM

I used my own name. That information (papers, names, numbers, documents) were only used for the entry. After that, everything was either returned or destroyed and I used my birth name all my life since.

txgirl 04-24-2015 02:32 AM

I responded to your other questions under the misunderstanding that you were caught on your initial entry. I am sorry my mistake. Now that I know your were successful in your entry I have a better idea, you were admitted under a false identity but now the question is, was it of a U.S. Citizen or was it just a visa? Since you were not caught this would not cause you any trouble in your AP because technically there's no record of your entry under your real identity. Once back from your AP the issue would be depending on what documents were used for your entry.

I still suggest that you do a FOIA just to see what exist under your name.