DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sign and spread the official petition: DREAMERS for the GOP Alternative (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26918)

Smooth 04-01-2012 01:52 PM

Sign and spread the official petition: DREAMERS for the GOP Alternative

My fellow dreamers,

I know the Rubio bill has not been presented. But, this petition intends to inform Sentor Rubio, the other GOP Senators, and, not to mention, the Democrats that we would support a visa process to legalization only under two conditions: (1) The visa process does not bar us from seeking citizenship one day (2) The age limit is not set too low or a retroactive clause is included. This petition is important because it intends to prevent the GOP from presenting a bill that is too-watered down and to inform the Democrats that some of us do not agree with their plans to block the upcoming bill--if it meets those two conditions. So, for those who are on board, sign the petition. Once I collect a certain number of signatures, I will send it out to reporters, GOP contacts. I will do my best to make it public. Also, the supporters could do the same. This is our chance. We have waited too long!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/d...p-alternative/

DA User 04-01-2012 02:41 PM

Re: Sign and spread the official petition: DREAMERS for the GOP Alternative

So before 16 and no later then 35 right? What about Retroactive Provisions for someone who already has a 4 year degree?

Smooth 04-01-2012 03:32 PM

I did not specify in terms of the age range because some of you say that 35 would decrease the chances of it passing and 30 is too limited. And, why should it be 16? It should be 18, shouldn't it? A 17 year-old is still not responsible for the actions of his or her parents. These are some of the issues. So, the petition just addresses the fact that there are aged dreamers with college degrees . . .

kingsam73 04-01-2012 04:30 PM

I signed it :D

Dres2011 04-02-2012 03:19 AM

I'll wait until Rubios DA is analyzed.

YouMadBrah??? 04-02-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dres2011 (Post 249395)

Yo sorry to burst your bubble but you are not a senator. Just sign it and get on with your life.

"Ohhhh I'll wait til Rubios DA is analyzed before I sign this ONLINE PETITION OhhhhYeah!! I am an important person ohhhh"

Smooth 04-02-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dres2011 (Post 249395)

Hi, I totally understand your position, but this is to get pressure on Rubio not to craft too much of a watered-down version.

Dres2011 04-02-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouMadBrah??? (Post 249410)
Yo sorry to burst your bubble but you are not a senator. Just sign it and get on with your life.

"Ohhhh I'll wait til Rubios DA is analyzed before I sign this ONLINE PETITION OhhhhYeah!! I am an important person ohhhh"

Im not signing.

U mad.

Dres2011 04-05-2012 02:56 AM

Have you thought about sharing this on the DREAM ACT 2010 page on facebook?

Smooth 04-05-2012 03:01 AM

No, post it if you would like to though. I don't use facebook.