DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I over-aged! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20344)

iDream 02-15-2011 07:52 PM

Re: I over-aged!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

well, my situation is different from yours. I was part of a third preference petition. My grandmother (U.S. Citizen) petitioned her married son, which is my dad along side with my the rest of the family (wife and children). Mom, Me and my siblings are called derivative beneficiary. It's sort of like we're just a branch off of my dad's petition. We benefit from the petition as long as we don't age-out. (under 21 years of age) Unfortunately I did.

Our priority date was August of 94, the petition only became current this February 2011. I am now 23 years old.

the CSPA formula only subtracts the amount of time it took for the petition to be filed and approved. which only some MONTHS.

so subtract that from my age and i would still end up over 21.

Now thanks for SWIM19 help, i found out that there is a part of CSPA law, that handles that type of situation, the kids that aged out even after the CSPA calculations. Unfortunately, it is still being dealt with through federal court. The lawsuit that was filed against USCIS is still pending. For many others like me, we are hoping for the lawsuit to go through.

i mean if you are familiar with the pending lawsuit and its current stage or where it is now. PLEASE PLEASE DO INFORM US. it will be greatly appreciated.. God Bless :D

dream_hope 02-17-2011 12:16 AM

I adjusted my status through CSPA.

The only thing I need to know is : how long was your i-130 pending? From the moment it was filed in '94 to the moment you got your Notice of Action - Approval letter.

EDIT: I just saw your last post. I'm sad your petition was only pending for a few months :'(

iDream 02-17-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_hope (Post 210820)
I adjusted my status through CSPA.

The only thing I need to know is : how long was your i-130 pending? From the moment it was filed in '94 to the moment you got your Notice of Action - Approval letter.

EDIT: I just saw your last post. I'm sad your petition was only pending for a few months :'(

well, it was only a calculated guess. Since it only takes months for the filing to be approved. I doubt it if our approval took longer than that. Im going to have to check that just to make sure. But after my parents get their greencard, im going to consult to another lawyer regarding my situation, because i don't know my father's lawyer. I've only met with him once. So Im going to venture out and hopefully find a better lawyer.

oh btw, just a question. are you well familiar with the CSPA law? because i have recently found just out about it, and im trying to gather as much info as i can about this law. i heard theres a lawsuit pending for this law against the USICS.

...and yes, im that desperate.. :(

Thank you for replying to this thread, and congratulations on your adjustment. God Bless :)