DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   RFE is requesting transaction record from my bank, is it a bad idea not to include it (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=41886)

jessebrenele 03-23-2013 05:01 PM

RFE is requesting transaction record from my bank, is it a bad idea not to include it

With my DACA, I've sent my bank statement, but I have censored my transaction history. This is bad judgement from me. However, I did not want to have to break "news" to my job; I didn't want my problem to suddenly pop up for them, they would have had to write down a statement for my employment (as noted in DACA). I already went to great lengths in just being able to earn by a W-2 and ITIN. I'm just wanting to subtly write in my SSN for the job, after I can get this certain RFE dilemna through.

So, just wondering, has anyone ever stated their whole income? Did you have to "break news" and ask your boss/manager to write down a letter for DACA? Or did you all left your W-2 or your "secret" part-time out because it's you'd have to tell everyone, I'm just talking legally.

I was thinking of showing my whole income/transaction history but I don't think this would justify all of the money inked there. It's not even that much though...

I know all have probably gotten their process completed but I'm just bad in judgement and would like to hear out suggestions. What do you think?

"You may still submit evidence" -- It doesn't sound too specific, right? And ofcourse, the money I stated in my WS sheet is lower than I have now.

Thanks,
Jesse

FlyinAgainstTheWind 03-23-2013 05:09 PM

Re: RFE is requesting transaction record from my bank, is it a bad idea not to includ

I sent my bank statements. I didn't send all 5 pages. I sent either the first page that just had the monthly transaction summary and since WF changed the format of their bank statements 2 years ago. I sent the second page for those years because the first was just a waste of paper. The second page had some transaction history and the monthly transaction summary. I don't think is a big deal for them to have your transaction history.

I used my bank statement for the month of June to fulfill the June 15th requirement and I sent them the page with all the transactions for those days. I had no transactions for June 15th. But, I did have a work deposit on June 18th. So they obviously know I was working.

jessebrenele 03-23-2013 05:38 PM

Re: RFE is requesting transaction record from my bank, is it a bad idea not to includ

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 449220)
I sent my bank statements. I didn't send all 5 pages. I sent either the first page that just had the monthly transaction summary and since WF changed the format of their bank statements 2 years ago. I sent the second page for those years because the first was just a waste of paper. The second page had some transaction history and the monthly transaction summary. I don't think is a big deal for them to have your transaction history.

I used my bank statement for the month of June to fulfill the June 15th requirement and I sent them the page with all the transactions for those days. I had no transactions for June 15th. But, I did have a work deposit on June 18th. So they obviously know I was working.

Thank you for the reply!

My only itch is that I did not state any info about me working a part-time. It's not that it's illegal and it's only in a W-2 and an ITIN but I don't want to further complicate things.

If you say that it's not a big deal for them to have my transaction history then this is an important choice for me to not send it. Because if I do, I feel and think that I'd have to send in my tax for my part-time, maybe even having my manager notified; which I do not want. I'll probably send my 2 page monthly transaction and balance, I'm sure seeing the deposits of $100 - $300 isn't a big deal. Besides I reasoned that I'm doing freelance in my WS.

I think the only exception for me is that I censored out my Bank Number and Balances in my bank statement sheet, again, bad judgement on me. But I'll send them the same page without the "blackened" censors. I will probably not send in my full transaction records but will probably send extra extra receipts and maybe other statements.

They just specified that my bank notice is insufficient and I'm miffed about the continuing statement of "you may", what do they exactly mean by I "may"?

Pianoswithoutfaith 03-23-2013 05:57 PM

They said not to mark anything. Instead of sending bank statements I just ask my bank to write me a letter saying how long have I been using their services.

jessebrenele 03-23-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 449241)
They said not to mark anything. Instead of sending bank statements I just ask my bank to write me a letter saying how long have I been using their services.

What do you exactly mean by not mark anything and I did not know banks do that (write letters)... Is it a handwritten letter from an employee, I imagine it be looking official, may I ask what bank that was?

angelchen1111 03-23-2013 06:19 PM

Just to confirm how did you censored your bank statement? Did you mark something on your bank statement to hide some info or did you selectively sent your bank statements?

jessebrenele 03-23-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelchen1111 (Post 449251)
Just to confirm how did you censored your bank statement? Did you mark something on your bank statement to hide some info or did you selectively sent your bank statements?

I manually blackened out my bank summary, only excluding the open date and account type. I felt that I didn't necessarily need to state my personal income and my personal bank # but I'm sure am wrong.

I will resend the same summary plus with statements. I'm still deciding.

They asked the same misc. info I have submitted before too.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 03-23-2013 08:51 PM

The issue is you are not allow to black anything out. Plus if your stuff just says deposit it doesn't say where the money is from. It could have been from your parents. They just want to see that you were here.

Pianoswithoutfaith 03-23-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessebrenele (Post 449254)
I manually blackened out my bank summary, only excluding the open date and account type. I felt that I didn't necessarily need to state my personal income and my personal bank # but I'm sure am wrong.

I will resend the same summary plus with statements. I'm still deciding.

They asked the same misc. info I have submitted before too.

Lmao there's an application that is all about your personal income did blackened all of it as well??

LadyB 03-24-2013 12:00 AM

I don't beleive it further complicates things I have chase and they gave me a paper stating when I opened my account and it shows that its still active, and I also sent them all my transaction history from 2008-till january 2013 (that's when my application was sent) I also sent in my w-2 from 3 different years from my job and my tax returns. At first I was kind of nervous sending that stuff in because I was nervous about it affecting my application & especially them notifying my job, but everything turned out great I got approved on March 14th & I received my EAD card March 20th!!!