DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   McCarthy introducing bill to fully fund Trump border wall (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82822)

avf 10-09-2018 04:33 PM

McCarthy introducing bill to fully fund Trump border wall

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., has signaled his intent to introduce legislation this week that would fully fund President Trump’s wall on along the nation's southern border.

The legislation by McCarthy, who is looking to drum up support among the GOP's rank and file as he eyes House Speaker Paul Ryan's speakership, is expected to call for full wall funding alongside other enforcement measures already approved in the House.

“Few things are more fundamental to a nation than a protected border,” McCarthy tweeted on Tuesday. “Proud to introduce the Build the Wall, Enforce the Law Act.”

Congress has already funneled $1.6 billion to construction as part of the omnibus spending bill for the 2018 fiscal year, but McCarthy’s new bill would direct about $23.4 billion toward building the wall, a signature issue for Trump.

McCarthy’s bill will also include measures dealing with sanctuary cities and criminal gangs, among other immigration-related issues, but it will not address the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy.

It is unclear if this legislation will serve as the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill, the annual measure with funds DHS. That’s one of the seven appropriations packages not funded under the current “Contining Resolution” which runs the government through December 7.

It comes as Republican leaders in the House are gearing up for what they say will be a post-midterm election fight over the wall.

“We intend on having a full-fledged discussion on how to complete our mission to secure the border and yes, we will have a fight about this,” Speaker Ryan, R-Wis., told reporters on Monday.

McCarthy, who is traveling to the border later this week, has positioned himself to fill Ryan’s post as speaker when the Wisconsin lawmaker vacates his seat in January, but he faces stiff competition from Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

If the House passes McCarthy’s bill, it will have to make its way through the Senate, where it will need 60 votes to avoid a filibuster hurdle before January. Otherwise, it'll need to be voted on again by the next Congress in 2019.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...ps-border-wall

This must be a joke. If I had to put the chances of this passing into a percentage, I would say none percent.

libertarian1776 10-09-2018 04:38 PM

Re: McCarthy introducing bill to fully fund Trump border wall

you heard it from the man himself, it's up to us, only WE can get this done.

I will vote Yea for the next bill that addresses the DACA population and i will be taking a meeting with President Trump himself to lobby for our legalization.

Rep. Libertarian1776 from CA's 5th District.

all right my Dreamer Caucus, give me your votes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 719889)
At this point we should all just worry about our own issue and that is immediate legalization of Dreamers. We should forget about all other issues and focus on this one. Once we get it done, they can do whatever the fuck they want to do. We should work with the Trump Admin because it is in complete control. Democrats keep trying to fight them and overthrow them. It's never going to happen. Republicans are the only ones that will be legalizing us. Democrats will do whatever is in their power to prevent this. Believe me.

isk84life 10-09-2018 04:42 PM

LOL this is a political statement before the midterms guys. This legislation was not designed to pass.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-09-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 719915)

I will vote Yea for the next bill that addresses the DACA population and i will be taking a meeting with President Trump himself to lobby for our legalization.

On November, all dreamers get out and vote republican!!!

-2Face

vft1008 10-09-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 719915)

LOL. I'll vote for your re-election.

JohannBernoulli1667 10-09-2018 06:06 PM

What an idiot.

Outsider626 10-09-2018 06:12 PM

Don't forget to tell your relatives here who are citizens to vote in November!

JohannBernoulli1667 10-09-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 719923)
Don't forget to tell your relatives here who are citizens to vote in November!

We are all illegal...

Problem is the Democratic leadership. They turn off anybody that might be on the fence.

I wish a bunch of them stepped aside.

They are not the future and they will not have a legacy.

So sad that we can technically blame Anthony Weiner for Trump, and the supreme Court tilting conservative for a generation.

Got_Daca 10-09-2018 06:28 PM

McCarthy gives Trump a nice ceremonial rimjob

JayR9 10-09-2018 07:35 PM

I knew I hated Bakersfield. Fuck McCarthy