DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How many of you guys are now finally able to go to school sometime this year?! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=37099)

luisDREAMer 01-15-2013 03:16 AM

How many of you guys are now finally able to go to school sometime this year?!

after graduating high school in 2011, I'm finally going move on with my studies after i get granted deferred action :D (and get my ead)!!

Schickie 01-15-2013 03:23 AM

Re: How many of you guys are now finally able to go to school sometime this year?!

i will when i get approve!

PakkAttackk 01-15-2013 01:59 PM

Re: How many of you guys are now finally able to go to school sometime this year?!

I will but I have to wait until next semester when the class of 2013 start college, which sucks but atleast I'll be able to go to school, drive a car & have a job legally. I can't freaking wait till I get approved.

IamAman 01-15-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luisDREAMer (Post 410157)
after graduating high school in 2011, I'm finally going move on with my studies after i get granted deferred action :D (and get my ead)!!

I can only imagine how great it would feel to go to school where you know nobody can touch you and you're not bending any rules! Don't waste this opportunity :)

I still remember when I first went to apply for college and how scared I was that they would ask too many questions. First day is also tatooed in my mind and that was 17 years ago.

luisDREAMer 01-15-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 410269)
I can only imagine how great it would feel to go to school where you know nobody can touch you and you're not bending any rules! Don't waste this opportunity :)

I still remember when I first went to apply for college and how scared I was that they would ask too many questions. First day is also tatooed in my mind and that was 17 years ago.

OH can i get a AMEN!

VeryNicePerson1 01-15-2013 03:44 PM

I will be starting college Fall 2013, but I am sorta terrified entering the whole social circle again.

Kept to myself all these years, hopefully college won't be a big shock to my senses...:p

smsnene 01-19-2013 03:30 AM

Mee

I will attend in Fall because i have to update my status, address, n get the costly meningitis shot, that way by then i have a job n a car to go to school

IamAman 01-19-2013 10:47 AM

Best advice I can tell you is that know in your heart that you belong there. Most of the Freshmen you see there are spoiled morons who will drop out and you will never see them again. Don't let them intimidate you despite their social circles, what they're wearing, or what frat house they belong to. If you're going to a community college first, it has even more morons who will drop out, including those who flunked out of the universities their parents paid for after partying too much.

You on the other hand realize how hard it was to get here.