DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Permanent Resident in UK (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=75756)

amilcar96 01-31-2017 09:33 PM

Permanent Resident in UK

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to become a permanent resident of UK for example or go there for work if things start to get hairy here for people in DACA. I've always wanted to go live there an I'm just not sure what the odds truly are and if anyone has tried moving to another country like Canada or UK. I'm 20 years old and work as a control analyst and mostly have all my experience in computer science and business analysis.

Malign0n 01-31-2017 09:36 PM

Re: Permanent Resident in UK

Looks like they are going to be changing their immigration laws as a result of Brexit.

amilcar96 01-31-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 601187)
Looks like they are going to be changing their immigration laws as a result of Brexit.

In what way would it affect me if I wanted to go?

Swim19 01-31-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amilcar96 (Post 601192)

Look up the rules on the UK Immigration Website

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

More than likely the path to being a permanent resident in UK will start with a job offer from a UK Employer.

JohannBernoulli1667 01-31-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amilcar96 (Post 601192)

Their policies will not favor immigration. They don't even want immigration from the EU. They have a new protectionist government.

They probably will make it very difficult if not impossible to immigrate on a permanent basis.

APinfo 01-31-2017 10:27 PM

You need to start by looking at their skills shortage list. Any chance of you getting a tier 2 visa will be from getting a job offer for a job on that list. Short of that, it's going to be marriage. And even marriage doesn't guarantee you anything over there. After spending 5 years legally there, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain, which is the UK equivalent of a green card. Then after that, attempt to naturalize.

amilcar96 01-31-2017 10:33 PM

Nice to hear, the shortage list is all IT and Software developer jobs. Glad to see that if things get hairy here there's a possibility I could move there.

DABeliever 01-31-2017 10:36 PM

You dont want to live there, quality of life sucks over there

Ianus 01-31-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 601195)
Their policies will not favor immigration. They don't even want immigration from the EU. They have a new protectionist government.

They probably will make it very difficult if not impossible to immigrate on a permanent basis.

I agree with this. The UK government is looking to cut down on immigration.

It would be difficult to immigrate considering the constantly changing requirements they have visas and retaining it before potentially applying for Indefinite-Leave to Remain.

john_smith 02-01-2017 01:39 PM

I wouldn't want to be to the UK, specially London, (for visiting OK!) not to sound islamapho but there are too many no go zones there and I know some of the depths in Islam that Muslim don't want you to know, and not from right but independent research. I love Muslim people, but I don't agree with Islam is not a religion of peace, take it from someone that has seen all sides good and bad. I know many folks will take it the wrong way, but I know what I know and what I know is that Islam is not good. Secular arabs Yes, Christian arabs yes, Islamist Arabs, I would probably say no. I understand that there maybe innocent Muslim that want nothing to do with War, the problem is the teachings they receive since they are babies, how they are taught to hate jews, and so on. I couldn't make that up.