DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Any DACA recipients moved to another country?? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78018)

thedelight21 09-04-2017 09:42 AM

Any DACA recipients moved to another country??

Since all hell will probably break loose from this decision. Has anyone moved to another country or know someone who has? I'm not a DACA recipient myself, but my husband is. We have been considering our plan B. We've been considering Canada, but have to look more into the process.

carnivore 09-04-2017 09:44 AM

Re: Any DACA recipients moved to another country??

Go to New Zealand

Canada is too cold

godsavethequeen 09-04-2017 11:11 AM

Ask Eddy, a self-deported Dreamer here. I think he's in the processing of moving to Canada.

thedelight21 09-04-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godsavethequeen (Post 632070)
Ask Eddy, a self-deported Dreamer here. I think he's in the processing of moving to Canada.

Who is this Eddy individual? I don't know the laws of New Zealand, but I know if my husband or I apply for a work permit/school in Canada, then you can also bring over your spouse.

isk84life 09-04-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedelight21 (Post 632085)
Who is this Eddy individual? I don't know the laws of New Zealand, but I know if my husband or I apply for a work permit/school in Canada, then you can also bring over your spouse.

School is off the table. In order to get a student visa, you have to prove you will go back to your country after you're done with school. Employment is your only option.

kyungwc 09-04-2017 12:53 PM

Lived in NZ for couple of years (long time ago). Weathers are nice. You're going to have to learn to drive on the other side of the road. I don't have any recollection of negative experiences whilst in NZ (except the occasional racism).

libertarian1776 09-04-2017 01:05 PM

but countries like Canada and UK offer work permits and eventual residency once you graduate from school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isk84life (Post 632113)
School is off the table. In order to get a student visa, you have to prove you will go back to your country after you're done with school. Employment is your only option.

thedelight21 09-04-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isk84life (Post 632113)

I don't think that's true. I read from the Canadian immigration website that once you graduate, you can get an extension once you're employed...and then you have grounds for becoming a PR.

thedelight21 09-04-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyungwc (Post 632119)
Lived in NZ for couple of years (long time ago). Weathers are nice. You're going to have to learn to drive on the other side of the road. I don't have any recollection of negative experiences whilst in NZ (except the occasional racism).

New Zealand looks appealing, but again...I don't know much about it. I also don't know anyone there. My husband has step relatives that live in Canada and I've gone before.

isk84life 09-04-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedelight21 (Post 632159)
I don't think that's true. I read from the Canadian immigration website that once you graduate, you can get an extension once you're employed...and then you have grounds for becoming a PR.

You didn't get me. I said you have no way to prove Canada you can come back here because you are illegal. How are you gonna get an extension if you can't even get there.