DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Messages of Gratitude and Encouragement (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=4248)

rock steady 06-08-2007 03:03 PM

Messages of Gratitude and Encouragement

We can be more efficient if we couple our phone calls with letters and email messages. I think that we ought to thank all of our supporters. They certainly need all the encouragement they can get.

Here is a simple message that you can all send via email or air mail. If you would like, you can send it everyday until the bill is brought up again. That's what I plan to do as well as personally calling to thank them.

I wrote this with our Republican supporters in mind. It may need to be tweaked for messages to Kennedy and Salazar, but for messages to the likes of Kyl, Graham, Martinez, Specter and the rest, it should do. Please take a few seconds to pass this along to the Senators. Thanks everyone!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Senator ______ :

I would just like to offer my sincerest thanks for your tireless effort in the debate on S. 1348, the comprehensive immigration reform bill. You have shown that you can rise above politics to take action on a very contentious matter that many were afraid to tackle. In that regard, you have shown great courage and deserve much recognition.

While the outcome of the cloture vote last night was unfortunate, it is my earnest hope that you will continue to help forge a compromise in the coming weeks. I wholeheartedly believe that this bill is necessary to not only secure our borders, but also deal with the pressing issue of the growing undocumented immigrant population.

I understand that you have taken heat from your constituents for your views on this matter. Please do not be discouraged, because there are many people across the country that greatly appreciate your efforts. Perhaps you may not hear often from them because they do not reside in __________, but rest assured, your honorable work is not being ignored.

As someone who watched the debate very closely, I can say that your passion for a resolution to our immigration problem was very apparent. You also addressed the issue with great honor and dignity, which sadly cannot be said about some of your colleagues in the Senate.

From the bottom of my heart, I once again thank you for your efforts. Please continue to fight the good fight. I know that you have worked hard over the past months, and I firmly believe that your work will not go to waste.

Sincerely,

VJB2 06-08-2007 03:11 PM

Everyone needs to do this! The lines may be busy, but keep trying. This is our time to act more than ever.

rock steady 06-08-2007 04:00 PM

When calling Graham, you may need to press 2 to speak directly with a staffer. As I've said before, his voice mailbox is already full, presumable because he has received a lot of heat from his constituents. I know we are a small population, but we must at least try. Everyone on this forum should not have a reason to not call his office. He needs our support and so do Kyl, Specter, Martinez, hell through Hagel and Lugar in the mix too.

Please do what you can! OUR FUTURE IS AT STAKE!

Swim19 06-08-2007 04:15 PM

I just e-mailed/faxed some of the senators....and i'll be calling them next.

rock steady 06-08-2007 04:16 PM

Thanks for the efforts guys. Just to let you know the magnitude of what we're up against, here is an excerpt from an article I found:

Quote:

Groups opposing the bill don't plan to let up. A group called NumbersUSA said in a statement that while the "amnesty bill ... may be dead for the year, NumbersUSA members are taking no chances." They will continue a campaign that has included 750,000 faxes sent in May, and "thousands of phone calls to Congress," the statement said.
Are we up for the challenge? I think so.

polish imigrant 06-08-2007 05:14 PM

Of course we are up for the challenge...if only 100 of us call 10 times, than thats already more calls then all the anti immigration groups!

rock steady 06-08-2007 05:47 PM

Note that it says "thosands," meaning plural. We will need all the firepower we can get.

polish imigrant 06-08-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock steady
Note that it says "thosands," meaning plural. We will need all the firepower we can get.

100X10 = 10,000 = plural :D

rock steady 06-08-2007 06:12 PM

Buddy, 100 x 10 = 1,000 (singular)

VJB2 06-08-2007 06:20 PM

lol..