DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Mass immigration roundups in U.S. to start Sunday - New York Times (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83722)

Smooth 07-13-2019 12:22 AM

Re: Mass immigration roundups in U.S. to start Sunday - New York Times

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 738949)
The sad thing here is that some of the people "agreeing" with you are the very people who where cheering for trump

Cheering?

cmeow 07-13-2019 12:48 AM

Since Muller hearing is not happening next week, the news will be flooded with immigration/deportation news. If they're targeting families, they're going to get major air time. If there is a silver lining, maybe this will move congress to discuss immigration reform.

I can't tell if Trump purposefully announced this to get Congress to move the ball on immigration. There's certainly indication he's open to it. He said he stopped the raids because Pelosi called him to work out a deal so maybe something is happening behind the scenes. Today, Trump defended Pelosi on TV... I think he actually respects her, at least more than Paul Ryan.

IamAman 07-13-2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapiChulo (Post 738940)
this is what our lives has become. there will be "casualties" along the way to the "promised land" could be me or could be you next week.

godspeed, brother.

All we can do is our best to not be a casualty. I'm going to be 100% honest here. This week has been one of the toughest weeks of my life and the absolute lowest and most helpless I have ever felt. It seemed like at every corner there was a reminder of my status and the danger I was in and this whole roundup business is adding anxiety on a mountain of already existing anxiety and there is only so much a person can take.

The only thing that keeps me going is the Martin Luther King quote: "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." which of course doesn't always take a straight line.

dtrt09 07-13-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 738952)
All we can do is our best to not be a casualty. I'm going to be 100% honest here. This week has been one of the toughest weeks of my life and the absolute lowest and most helpless I have ever felt. It seemed like at every corner there was a reminder of my status and the danger I was in and this whole roundup business is adding anxiety on a mountain of already existing anxiety and there is only so much a person can take.

The only thing that keeps me going is the Martin Luther King quote: "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." which of course doesn't always take a straight line.

I am very sorry that this is costing years of your life.
I cannot believe the level of ignorance that some here propagate that removal orders were only handed to 'criminals'. A big chunk of TPS, Daca recipients, and nearly a million of unprotected udocumented immigrants have deportation orders.

Nancy Pelosi is a joke. She and Schumer need to go. They are the reason it has come to this. 4.6 BILLION to expand detention and promise detainees toiletries and a quick medical screening. That is not protecting immigrants. That is not reform. A slightly less dangerous detention camp, is still a f**** camp!!

A big f**k you to all those who keep enabling them.

BestBefore1984 07-13-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrt09 (Post 738956)
I am very sorry that this is costing years of your life.
I cannot believe the level of ignorance that some here propagate that removal orders were only handed to 'criminals'. A big chunk of TPS, Daca recipients, and nearly a million of unprotected udocumented immigrants have deportation orders.

Nancy Pelosi is a joke. She and Schumer need to go. They are the reason it has come to this. 4.6 BILLION to expand detention and promise detainees toiletries and a quick medical screening. That is not protecting immigrants. That is not reform. A slightly less dangerous detention camp, is still a f**** camp!!

A big f**k you to all those who keep enabling them.

Beeee mother fucking ingo.

Nancy Pelosi is a master con artist. She has 0 interest in fixing immigration, in fact, she has 0 interest in fixing the shit hole that San Francisco has become. It is in her best interest that the above remain as is. Because let's be honest, she is afraid of losing her Speaker job. How else is she going to sustain her lavish lifestyle? The wolf in sheep's clothing has a copious amount of real estate and numerous multi million dollar homes. There's nothing wrong with wanting to expand your net worth, but this cunt does it at the expense of the American people.

Source: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...et-worth.html/

If her job was at risk, she would, without hesitation, throw dreamers and the American people under the bus to get ahead.

In fact, she already has. Some will point out that she stood giving her lengthy worthless speech about dreamers during the govt shutdown or that the fraudster passed the Dream Act in the house. Well that was last month, nothing since. It's all for show - 0 interest in advancing or working towards getting something done. True, Bitch McConnell has to make the next move, but again, we're dealing with crooked politicians on all angles.

This isn't a partisan left vs right. This is an American issue and these worthless politicians are robbing America blind. Mind you, they collude amongst themselves to retain power and wealth amongst themselves. They don't see left vs right issues, they see money signs.

If Nancy Pelosi's aides see this, please feel free to set up a meeting with me, so that she can prove me wrong. I am not a violent person (never gotten into a fight in my life) and I have civil discussions - this anger that I am displaying is frustration that continues to bottle up.

For now...

Nancy Pelosi is a C.U.N.T (Corrupt Useless Nancy Trash) and a big fuck you to all of her enablers. Anti-Immigrant Chuck Schumer is unworthy of any discussion. The spineless child molester Republicans get an honorable mention, due to their actual action on immigration, albeit not in a positive way.

dtrt09 07-13-2019 01:27 PM

@BestBefore1984:
The money does not advance any progress. Trump does not seem to have a single advisor with one fiber of moral integrity to put a stop to these abuses and reform the system. Future Elections advance issues. Issues are solved in the moment. We cannot just blame ice agents, uscis staff for this mess. They did not design this system.
What we should be thinking about - especially those with Daca protection - is how to make a solution happen.
TPS people seem to be just for themselves.

Contact your legislators. Make your voices heard.

Smooth 07-13-2019 01:39 PM

Bestbefore & dtrt09,

Now be careful before some mentally incomptent troll accuses you of cheering for Trump. We must support all Democrats!!!!!

I love AOC going at with Pelosi. That donkey dick looking ho needs to go.

Pianoswithoutfaith 07-13-2019 01:43 PM

Smooth you yourself were cheering for trump, come on

dtrt09 07-13-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 738960)
Bestbefore & dtrt09,

Now be careful before some mentally incomptent troll accuses you of cheering for Trump. We must support all Democrats!!!!!

I love AOC going at with Pelosi. That donkey dick looking ho needs to go.

I ignore those who have blind political allegiance to officials who have repeatedly shown themselves unworthy of it. Why, why????

That is how Obama's administration got away with deporting so many. I don't agree with everything that AOC does, but no one agrees 100% with everything. When it comes to fighting to do the right thing, it is clear who is right, and that was not Pelosi. Or Schumer.

dtrt09 07-13-2019 01:54 PM

Also, stop calling women 'h***, c***' etc. Who taught you guys to attack women with sexually derogatory names? Unlearn it.
I admire your passion for justice, but is absolutely unnecessary and 100% not okay.