DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   San Clemente Check Point (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26752)

pkbum1 03-16-2012 03:29 AM

San Clemente Check Point

Any of you frequent commuter from SD to OC?
If you are how do you go on the way answering the officers questions??

If that is not possible is it possible to look ahead of traffic and if it is red, then go take the Las Pulgars Road exit and keep going old pacific highway and pass the check point?

I just find san clemente check point really stupid and I want to travel to SD sometimes without these worries.

pkbum1 03-16-2012 09:46 PM

Re: San Clemente Check Point

Nobody have any answers??

K-Man 03-17-2012 02:17 AM

FYI that check point is only north bound, not south bound.

The north bound check is only operational on low traffic conditions, usually off times, say past 10 pm during the weekdays when it's even remotely close to monitoring the traffic.

If you want to protect yourself, pick a rush hour traffic like 4 to 6 pm, on a friday, the main I-5 traffic is ridiculous as is, no way in hell they can even attempt to clog the rush hour numbers.

farasahntak12 03-14-2013 03:44 AM

The San Clemente Check Point maintains a full-time traffic. The primary purpose of these inspection stations is to deter illegal immigration and smuggling activities.

OceanMindedBoy 03-14-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkbum1 (Post 248170)
Any of you frequent commuter from SD to OC?
If you are how do you go on the way answering the officers questions??

If that is not possible is it possible to look ahead of traffic and if it is red, then go take the Las Pulgars Road exit and keep going old pacific highway and pass the check point?

I just find san clemente check point really stupid and I want to travel to SD sometimes without these worries.

Before I got approved, I went down five times just to surf. 3 times the check point was closed. 2 times I wasn't asked to stop.

zone2oo0 03-14-2013 01:43 PM

its assumed OP doesn't have DACA yet?

dreamofgold 03-14-2013 05:38 PM

Don't worry about the check points at San Clemente. Dress nicely is my only advice.

SaintD 03-14-2013 05:42 PM

I live in San Diego and have traveled up to LA many, many, many times and have never seen the check point active. Then again that doesnt mean that it is always closed. I've hear from a few friend that they where stopped.

Eddy117 03-15-2013 03:57 AM

It is possible to look ahead at the traffic conditions through SigAlert, just google it and check it. They update it ever few minutes. IF THE TRAFFIC TURNS RED AND YOU'RE ALREADY ON YOUR WAY, exiting on Las Pulgas RD may bring you trouble as sometimes the border patrol will hang out on the offramp and will pull you over, it's happened to a few friends of friends who ended up getting pulled over and detained. You're better off sending a look-out if you can as well as looking at SigAlert and hoping you get lucky not to have them throw up a checkpoint right as you're nearing it like they did on my last trip I took with my USC G/f to SD to visit my family...lucky for us, they had shut it down by the time we got about a quarter mile from the checkpoint.

carlmax 03-15-2013 07:15 AM

sory bro...no answer to that..hope some one comes around

------------------
Andaman Tours & Travels West Bengal Holiday Packages