DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OFFICIAL: Q&A for DACA forms Part 1 (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=29390)

Ali 08-14-2012 03:10 PM

OFFICIAL: Q&A for DACA forms Part 1

GUYS THERE ARE TWO i-765 INSTRUCTION SETS AND FORM FLOATING AROUND, MAKE SURE YOU GOT REVISION DATE 8/15/12 BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER

In case you already sent it:
Edition Date :
08/15/2012. (Previous editions, not later than 05/27/08, also accepted.)

SINCE THIS IS GETTING SUPER HECTIC, WHEN YOU FIND AN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, EDIT YOUR POST AND PLACE ANSWER UNDERNEATH IT IN BLUE/BOLD

Since we're all going to doubts/questions about this let's put it up here so we don't have a bunch of random q's.

1. Application #
2. Pg #
3. Q#
4. What is your question?

DACA Forms
Download the forms and the instructions at the top of both pages.
I-821D
Here

I-765 & I-765WS
Here

Ali88 08-14-2012 03:11 PM

Re: OFFICIAL: Q&A for DACA forms

do i have to fill out two i765 forms? the economic need and the basic one?

astroxp 08-14-2012 03:12 PM

"What documents may demonstrate that you were present in the United States on June 15, 2012?"

This one creeps the hell out of me!! :(

The closest proof I have is a Foursquare check-in other than that (official proof) is a bank statement dated on June 07

beto2287 08-14-2012 03:16 PM

As long as you have something on June that should be okay

Ali88 08-14-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beto2287 (Post 275072)
As long as you have something on June that should be okay

Is an affidavit letter fine? I graduated university in december and don't work. I've been volunteering at a clinic from April 2012 till now that's it.

Ali 08-14-2012 03:25 PM

Since I'm helping my cuz over the phone:

i821
pg 2
q. 4 Alien Registration number.

Is this a number given to certain types of visas or all visas? She crossed using a b1/b2 border crossing visa

i821
pg 3
q. 6 proof of leaves and returns

C'mon, what if the person in question used the visa a bunch of times and has no records? Will an affidavit work? Can she ask immigration for those records? (they scanned the thing all the time). Circumstantial evidence (as in look at the transcripts).

i821
pg 4
q. 1 You ever been convicted of.....

The ditz shoplifted something as a minor. She was booked and prints taken, never had a court appearance, only a panel that expunged her record. Does this mean she was never convicted of a misdemeanor? The person in charge of the hearing told her she could under oath tell the courts that she had never committed any crime w/o committing perjury.

marley monster 08-14-2012 03:28 PM

Everyone is saying something about two pictures. Do we really need them? Has someone called and asked?

makgrrl 08-14-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali88 (Post 275073)
Is an affidavit letter fine? I graduated university in december and don't work. I've been volunteering at a clinic from April 2012 till now that's it.

This answer's q's on affidavits:

USCIS will not accept affidavits as proof of satisfying the following guidelines:

You are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran from the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
You came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
You were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012; and
Your criminal history, if applicable.

If the only evidence you submit to demonstrate you meet any of the above guidelines is an affidavit, USCIS will issue a Request for Evidence, indicating that you have not demonstrated that you meet these guidelines and that you must do so in order to demonstrate that you meet that guideline.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Ali88 08-14-2012 03:39 PM

Wow. I'm screwed. I have no record of me in the U.S. on that date other than volunteering at a clinic the whole day

Dream_Pajama 08-14-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marley monster (Post 275078)
Everyone is saying something about two pictures. Do we really need them? Has someone called and asked?

This requirement is listed in the I-765 instructions.