DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   DOMA Struck Down (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=58465)

chocolatedrop 06-26-2013 06:06 PM

DOMA Struck Down

This is a huge win for the LBGTQ community!!!!!! I have heard so many negative things in response to Senator Leahy's inclusion of same sex couples in CIR..Well now that fight is over. I have read so many negatives about this...see i do believe in KARMA and I hope good comes from all of this..CIR will get done & the DREAM ACT will get done...But for me now I don't have to wait on either..My wife can sponsor me and I can continue to live in the USA while it gets processed. Unfortunely for those that EWI it will not be the case,they will have to return to their country of origin :cry:

For my fellow gay dreamers..we have won our dream!!

continuedreaming 06-26-2013 06:14 PM

Re: DOMA Struck Down

I'm so happy too!!!! I can finally get married to my soon to be wife :)!!!!! . However I did EWI so I'm still praying that CIR passes :(

chocolatedrop 06-26-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by continuedreaming (Post 492597)
I'm so happy too!!!! I can finally get married to my soon to be wife :)!!!!! . However I did EWI so I'm still praying that CIR passes :(

Im praying also,,there is a waiver for hetrosexuauls,so hopefully when this is all said and done it will apply to us as well

Dream_On 06-26-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocolatedrop (Post 492603)
Im praying also,,there is a waiver for hetrosexuauls,so hopefully when this is all said and done it will apply to us as well

Congratulations. Anytime I hear about a dreamer making it, it makes me genuinely happy. Best of luck!!

Ianus 06-26-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocolatedrop (Post 492589)
For my fellow gay dreamers..we have won our dream!!

Congrats and sounds like my sig,lol!

chocolatedrop 06-26-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream_On (Post 492609)
Congratulations. Anytime I hear about a dreamer making it, it makes me genuinely happy. Best of luck!!

Thank you...I want all dreamers to win !!!!

chocolatedrop 06-26-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianus (Post 492615)
Congrats and sounds like my sig,lol!

Lol !!!! It is,had to borrow it...thank u ;)

AlexanderMQ 06-26-2013 07:58 PM

Can't wait to finally marry my boyfriend! And start the green card application we are getting married in California this July :)

clarmanks 06-26-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderMQ (Post 492648)
Can't wait to finally marry my boyfriend! And start the green card application we are getting married in California this July :)

so does this mean that as soon as we marry our bfs/gfs we can start the process right away? or do we have to wait for the uscis to give some kinda message with the procedures

AlexanderMQ 06-26-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarmanks (Post 492654)
so does this mean that as soon as we marry our bfs/gfs we can start the process right away? or do we have to wait for the uscis to give some kinda message with the procedures

I talked to my lawyer she said that since it has been knocked down we can start the process ASAP. We are now recognized the same as a heterosexual couple and get the same federal benefits :) I'm starting the process in July :)