DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Really depressed.. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=31936)

Dazzlingocean260 09-24-2012 01:41 PM

Really depressed..

Hello all,

I don't know why I'm making this thread. I guess I'm just looking for some support. I feel really depressed and suicidal today. I dont want to attend my class this term. I couldn't afford to be full time this term or last term. Ive been struggling to find a job nearly all year. I can't find a job. I can't do anything. I really felt like ending it today. But i figured I should wait to get approved for my deferred action. I suffered depression for the last year and i recently stopped going to therapy because I couldn't afford it. I don't want to attend class this week. I've just been crying all week and today especially. Again, idk why I'm talking about all this. I'm just a stranger. But as i said, I just want some advice. :( I am sorry for the rant.

Kawi-ZX6R 09-24-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Really depressed..

Suicidal? Easy there now. Its hard times but not that bad. Just look at the bright side and be patient.

CDZUL 09-24-2012 01:48 PM

Get up on your feet, look for help, you can find a therapist for free on your community, be strong, you can do it, you can do whatever you want to chose but you have to chose right, you have a computer you can find yourself some help, come on, you're young you have to much to enjoy, I was deppresed like you, but I got me some help so you can do it too, go for it!!!

Dazzlingocean260 09-24-2012 01:55 PM

I tried finding one but they all ask for a fee here

waxiu3 09-24-2012 01:55 PM

I've never been the type to get super depressed but this situation sometimes has made me lose hope. Look, for a lot of us, being legal or carrying a normal life here is the one thing which we want the most. Sometimes though, if I think about it, it sounds ridiculous that something like this can make me so unhappy. Look at the bigger picture. Think of all the thing that as a human you are capable of doing. Do the things that make u happy. Help others and be open to other opportunities. Move to another state. Talk to people. Find solutions. You can make a decent living here if you work hard enough. This is no reason to end ur life. Not close!!! This is a reason for you to enjoy it more and work harder. Make some friends. You will be okay. With God's will you will receive deferred action. Life goes way beyond what a paper says. Be brave.

Dazzlingocean260 09-24-2012 01:56 PM

I don't know why i feel like this. I'm just overwhelmed and stressed

Kawi-ZX6R 09-24-2012 01:58 PM

Dont you have family or friends that could help you with the therapy fee? I would help you if you were my friend.

waxiu3 09-24-2012 01:58 PM

relax go take a walk!!! it helps trust me

Justin2014 09-24-2012 01:59 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Just hang in there babe. You have struggled for a year to find a job and when God is giving you an opportunity within few months, why throw that way. It will get better!! Classes will get your mind off of things. Just look at this as last time you have go via hassle of paying out of state tuition and then if God will, you will be able to have a job, and will be able to afford fees. Just hold on tight to either friends support, or faith, or your family. Because having something to hold on to gets you via things when you are feeling low. There is a light in the end of the tunnel and YOU have to believe that. it takes time to get there, but the light is there, so don't give up so easily. I am oppressed bc of my legal status and closet sexual orientation- its hard dealing with it, but I know when the time is right, things will fall onto its place. <3 This world is temporary, even the best who are excellent in sports or are super wealthy all will be in dirt when they are dead. So don't compare yourself to friends who have it better than you, Try to be content with what you have and Hang in there. <3

Dazzlingocean260 09-24-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxiu3 (Post 313317)
I've never been the type to get super depressed but this situation sometimes has made me lose hope. Look, for a lot of us, being legal or carrying a normal life here is the one thing which we want the most. Sometimes though, if I think about it, it sounds ridiculous that something like this can make me so unhappy. Look at the bigger picture. Think of all the thing that as a human you are capable of doing. Do the things that make u happy. Help others and be open to other opportunities. Move to another state. Talk to people. Find solutions. You can make a decent living here if you work hard enough. This is no reason to end ur life. Not close!!! This is a reason for you to enjoy it more and work harder. Make some friends. You will be okay. With God's will you will receive deferred action. Life goes way beyond what a paper says. Be brave.

I see what you mean. I've attempted suicide a few times this whole year. My house was very abusive at the time and i had an emotional breakdown at one point. I know I can find a job with a lot of hard work. But I get turned down so much. It takes a toll on me. I feel sick of my life all together. My friends sometimes help, but I don't think they understand. But I see what you mean about continue my life. Sometimes I think the way you do, and days like today, I am just a mess.