DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   HUGE PROBLEM: Fraudulent Passport with No Passport (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28268)

starsNmoons 06-21-2012 05:36 PM

HUGE PROBLEM: Fraudulent Passport with No Passport

I came here at the age of 7 in '95 with a fraudulent passport. The problem is that I dont have the passport. Could this hurt me somehow that I don't have this?

More details: The man who set me up to come here died in 1999 from drowning in water while driving. That was his business to bring people here. He brought me here as a surprise, even without my parents knowing. I came here with a woman, her last name was Murphy. They told me to lie about my last name being "murphy" which I did when the people at the US airport questioned us we pretended to be mother and daughter. I remember people trying to hide me at the airport. I was wondering why. Both of my parents were already here when I came. I remember my mom's friend telling me if my parents would have done something I could have had an SSN. But I understand that they were probably scared for themselves. It kind of hurt me that I could have an ssn had my parents done something about it.

Please tell me if you know what can be done about my special case.

ETA: I am from Ghana, and I didnt claim to be a citizen and I have never seen the passport I came here with.

will_con 06-21-2012 05:48 PM

Re: HUGE PROBLEM: Fraudulent Passport with No Passport

You might have some issues because you pretended to be a USC's daughter, especially if there's a record of it (did they take your fingerprints?). If I were you, I would just focus on obtaining documentation that you were present from '06 to now. Hopefully more information will be given out before the sixty days are up.

kikibay92 06-21-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will_con (Post 262757)
You might have some issues because you pretended to be a USC's daughter, especially if there's a record of it (did they take your fingerprints?). If I were you, I would just focus on obtaining documentation that you were present from '06 to now. Hopefully more information will be given out before the sixty days are up.

She came here in 1995. it has been 17 years.

Dukem88 06-21-2012 06:34 PM

Hellooo.. a lot of people came in here like that.. its definitely worse than crossing the border since you claimed USC, but they dont need to know that. DO NOT apply saying "hey i came in with a fake passport" they will probably deport your ass. Just say you came through Mexico like everyone else and thats it. There is no way for you to prove you came through the border and theres no way they can check. Theyre not going to want to speak to the cayote that brought you through. This goes for eveyone out there who thinks you need to tell them how you got in. Even if they ask, how did you come here, border/fake papers/or w/e say border bc im pretty sure that question will be there just to fuck you up. Kind of like the question u see on term of contracts "will you agree to follow the rules yes or no?" its an obvious answer and if you say the wrong thing they wont let you through.

starsNmoons 06-21-2012 06:34 PM

I dont know think she was a citizen yet because it was her first time here, like me. Her husband who was already here may have been. No I dont remember taking fingerprints. Just being led into a room to answer questions
Quote:

Originally Posted by will_con (Post 262757)

starsNmoons 06-21-2012 06:37 PM

Hi, I dont know why people think I was claimed ot be a citizen because like I said I didnt know what the passport said as I dont have it and my parents never received it. And claiming that I came here through the border would be difficult since I am African. Obviously I didnt come here through the border. But it will be obvious that I didnt come with a visa that had my name on it either because there would be paper trail for that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukem88 (Post 262780)
Hellooo.. a lot of people came in here like that.. its definitely worse than crossing the border since you claimed USC, but they dont need to know that. DO NOT apply saying "hey i came in with a fake passport" they will probably deport your ass. Just say you came through Mexico like everyone else and thats it. There is no way for you to prove you came through the border and theres no way they can check. Theyre not going to want to speak to the cayote that brought you through. This goes for eveyone out there who thinks you need to tell him how you got in. Even if they ask, how did you come here, border/fake papers/or w/e say border bc im pretty sure that question will be there just to fuck you up. Kind of like the question u see on term of contracts "will you agree to follow the rules yes or no?" its an obvious answer and if you say the wrong thing they wont let you through.

AngelFace 06-21-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsNmoons (Post 262755)
I came here at the age of 7 in '95 with a fraudulent passport. The problem is that I dont have the passport. Could this hurt me somehow that I don't have this?

More details: The man who set me up to come here died in 1999 from drowning in water while driving. That was his business to bring people here. He brought me here as a surprise, even without my parents knowing. I came here with a woman, her last name was Murphy. They told me to lie about my last name being "murphy" which I did when the people at the US airport questioned us we pretended to be mother and daughter. I remember people trying to hide me at the airport. I was wondering why. Both of my parents were already here when I came. I remember my mom's friend telling me if my parents would have done something I could have had an SSN. But I understand that they were probably scared for themselves. It kind of hurt me that I could have an ssn had my parents done something about it.

Please tell me if you know what can be done about my special case.

ETA: I am from Ghana, and I didnt claim to be a citizen and I have never seen the passport I came here with.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will have something for your in place. BE HONEST!!! That's the best policy!!! Do you at least have proof of your orginal documents?? your real name your real passport? if not your may have time to get all that stuff figure out in time for Aug 12. GOD has the last word on everything. Just live in your truth and BE HONEST!!!!

Dukem88 06-21-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsNmoons (Post 262783)
Hi, I dont know why people think I was claimed ot be a citizen because like I said I didnt know what the passport said as I dont have it and my parents never received it. And claiming that I came here through the border would be difficult since I am African. Obviously I didnt come here through the border. But it will be obvious that I didnt come with a visa that had my name on it either because there would be paper trail for that.

Well i dont know how they will look at it as far as "if you knew or not" i mean you were a kid and our whole struggle is based on that, but thats up to their point of view. But I would steer clear from saying you came with a fake passport. Because one you are obviously aware of it now, you just explained the whole story to us. and two, you could have come from China, people travel to Central American countries from all over the world to go through Mexico to get in the US so its not far fetched that you came through the border just bc your from Africa. I have a Philopino friend who took a plane to Costa Rica with his family to go through the journey all the way up through Mexico then into the US.

will_con 06-21-2012 06:47 PM

I assumed that she was a USC since she was the one answering questions and arriving to the US. Using false passport is still bad though since it's considered using fraudulent documentation, but if it's a "dont ask dont tell policy" then don't tell. Period. Never ever ever.

AngelFace 06-21-2012 06:50 PM

This is deffered action people, nto adjustment of status. There's way to many Cheifs in the thread. starsNmoons Just wait for the HomeLand secruity , in the main time gather as much information as you can like your orginal docs, school records etc.