DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Aug 8th Importance (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82548)

lcas801 08-03-2018 02:22 PM

Aug 8th Importance

I wanted to share this with you guys on the Aug 8 Ruling, its a news article from the Texas Tribune. Not trying to say that the Aug 8 ruling is not important or that people should not send in theyre applications early, but it does seem that it will also not be the complete end to USCIS accepting renewals.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...s-end-program/

But Saenz also argued that no matter how Hanen rules, other federal judges are also hearing DACA cases and their rulings will have equal weight.

“If Judge Hanen were to order an injunction … it would not override any order by another district court judge in any of the other pending cases that currently require the administration to continue to operate and grant renewals in the DACA initiative,” he said. “There will need to be further court action.”

That means that DACA’s fate could likely end up in the hands of the U.S. Supreme Court. In June, the Department of Justice asked Hanen to delay a possible injunction "so the United States can seek stays of all the DACA injunctions in the respective courts of appeals and the Supreme Court.”

Nina Perales, MALDEF’s vice president of litigation, said there's a slight chance that Hanen will rule next week. She said the Justice Department's tepid defense of DACA could signal the administration's hope that the Texas case will be the vehicle to take the issue before the Supreme Court.

thesaintseiya 08-03-2018 02:48 PM

Re: Aug 8th Importance

I just sent my package for renewal this morning. I expire on April of next year so I figured Im gonna have to renew at the end of the year anyways. We'll see what happens after the 8th..

mscarito09 08-03-2018 05:28 PM

I expire on 3/5/19 and my renewal package was just accepted by USCIS today.

javeeboy 08-04-2018 01:43 AM

I expire Jan 19th, 19. Going to send renewal packet in the middle of the month

eRkah 08-04-2018 09:13 AM

For someone that expires 9/19, should they renew now? can they?

JohannBernoulli1667 08-04-2018 10:48 AM

You can but you loose a lot of time. Some money, if you do not care about 500 dollars then go ahead although there is a low chance that august 8th means anything in terms of affecting renewals.

I expire in early 2020 and if I believed that the 8th would eliminate renewals then I would send it right now. However everything points to nothing happening in terms of immediately stopping them.

soypana 08-04-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 715902)
You can but you loose a lot of time. Some money, if you do not care about 500 dollars then go ahead although there is a low chance that august 8th means anything in terms of affecting renewals.

I expire in early 2020 and if I believed that the 8th would eliminate renewals then I would send it right now. However everything points to nothing happening in terms of immediately stopping them.

I expire early 2020 too and I sent my renewal anyway... más vale prevenir que lamentar ( better safe than sorry). Like you said I don't care about the $500.

iDream 08-04-2018 12:43 PM

I renewed 3 weeks ago and I just got my new EAD yesterday and expires in 2020. Should I send another renewal? Haha

Outsider626 08-04-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDream (Post 715905)
I renewed 3 weeks ago and I just got my new EAD yesterday and expires in 2020. Should I send another renewal? Haha

Yes send it asap

hopeful_in_nyc 08-04-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soypana (Post 715903)
I expire early 2020 too and I sent my renewal anyway... más vale prevenir que lamentar ( better safe than sorry). Like you said I don't care about the $500.

Why would you do that?