DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Request for Comment (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=44729)

fabfranky 04-15-2013 09:44 PM

Request for Comment

1 Attachment(s)
Tattoo concept that I am thinking of. I am requesting honest feedback. The number in the image is completely factious. It will be replaced by a cryptic version of the real SSN. Idea is Scorpio sign with SSN man running in freedom with no limits.

Thank you to all who commented. Title stated, "Request for Comment". All comments were solicited and therefore welcomed without judgement. I have known people as most of us have that have put tattoos of really of the strangest stuff ever imagined lol: examples include ex's names, crossed out ex's names, friends death dates, company logos, superheros, DWI Case Numbers, Chinese characters that who knows if they really mean what they are suppose to, maybe you think it means "peace and love" but it really means "scent of dog poo". A tattoo of a life-time number after fighting so very very hard for it, doesn't seem that far-fetched to me, especially if it is encoded to obscure it's meaning. Tattoos are deeply personal. I mean, you do know that that one little 9 digit number has kept you from so very much in life right?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 04-15-2013 09:54 PM

Re: Request for Comment

I dunno about the number part. Maybe a quote instead?

carnivore 04-15-2013 10:25 PM

no

Severity 04-15-2013 10:40 PM

If I saw that on a stranger I would say "STUPID" out loud. This is coming from a very nice open minded person. IF you like the idea and want to live with that tattoo for the rest of your life, I would blend it better, its too choppy. Also the encrypting SSN is a bad idea, it would just look like meaningless numbers. Why not a scorpion with a quote/encrypted SSN on the scorpions tail.
I would go with scorpion with a freedom quote on the tail. Not only is it blended better it would look badass while having meaning. Its also better to explain.
In all seriousness, if you're gay/feminine then its an OK tattoo

fabfranky 04-15-2013 10:46 PM

I'm gay of course. Seriously - not kidding

Severity 04-15-2013 11:35 PM

Then maybe make that like a 2 spiral tribal type of line. SSN still seems like a bad idea

Happyman0607 04-16-2013 01:13 AM

Lol wait wait wait, you want to tattoo your SSN on yourself??? LMFAOOO

ivycali 04-16-2013 01:37 AM

I don't know why people are telling you this is stupid. It has a big meaning to you and I think that that is all that matters. As long as you don't tattoo it across your forehead or have your actual SSN number on it, then I think it is a good symbol to represent what you have gone through. Tattoos are supposed to be meaningful and if this is what represent you-- then go for it. There are many people that get dumb tattoos, like a sports logos or tramp stamps with tribal symbols, and I think that your choice of tattoo has a more meaningful message. If you are happy with this then go for it and don't listen to what anyone here thinks.
P.S. i would substitute a bird for the running guy instead.

MadMan 04-16-2013 02:07 AM

Now I've heard everything.

:lol:

fabfranky 04-16-2013 02:24 AM