DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OFFICIAL: Q&A for DACA forms Part 2 (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=30947)

Swim19 09-02-2012 02:51 PM

OFFICIAL: Q&A for DACA forms Part 2

While many of us have filled out the forms, there are still those that haven't. This is a continuation of the following thread , which was getting too long. Please continue to post Q&A relative to DACA forms here.

1. Application #
2. Pg #
3. Q#
4. What is your question?

DACA Forms
Download the forms and the instructions at the top of both pages.
I-821D
Here

I-765 & I-765WS
Here

Swim19 09-02-2012 02:54 PM

Re: OFFICIAL: Q&A for DACA forms Part 2

copied from another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez (Post 293141)
I read throughout the forum from some dreamers that their apps were returned due to the fact that their apps were not signed correctly because either they forgot or they were signed in the wrong place. Is there a place where it should be signed, a place some of us might not be aware of, sorry the question just want to make sure. Thanks.

P.S.
Does this apply for all the forms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsKdC (Post 293148)
U sign where they ask u to sign. =/

Sorry to come off a bit harsh, but u have to be reading the application in order to fill it out. U have to sign the I-821D and the I-765 where they tell u to sign.

marley monster 09-02-2012 03:06 PM

Awesome that was so cluttered.

Garcia_jos3 09-02-2012 03:52 PM

Yes I agree many people, are clueless about filing applications and have trouble filing for them selves, I suggest that if you can't afford a lawyer [which is a conpletely unnecessary expense unless you hace been previously arrested or have had contact with immigration in the past]
Visit your consulate or other free shops where they are assisting applicants to file and revise Applications and timely evidence of residence.

Leap of Faith 09-02-2012 04:47 PM

Yes, hiring a lawyer NEVER crossed my mind. It was so straight forward to me. Plus, I've seen people use a lawyer and come away frustrated because they knew more than the lawyer did, or the lawyer did not send their application in a timely manner. If you ask me, all you need is the threads from this forum to get a basic idea of how to assemble your application.

esraB 09-03-2012 12:32 AM

For my expenses I wrote 0? I mean I have a phone bill and food that I need but I don't work my family provides them for me so what do I do? What should I say also is college tuiton an expense? I also can't pay that right now lol

Sirius 09-03-2012 01:30 AM

Even if you’re not paying for it: it cost someone money to support you.

Total up housing, food, education, etc. cost average for the year. Explain that your expenses are covered by others in the space provided.

If you've no income, put 0 in for Annual Income.

Dreamer_2010 09-03-2012 02:00 AM

I forgot to add any type of other information in the Address when I mailed my application. I just put USCIS and that is it. Would that prolong my mail from being opened..? I figured they would open it as soon as they got it. But then after I sent it I felt like an idiot for not at least putting the Application form numbers on the USPS box.

Any input would ease my mind a bit... :)

Ili_0389 09-03-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer_2010 (Post 293458)
I forgot to add any type of other information in the Address when I mailed my application. I just put USCIS and that is it. Would that prolong my mail from being opened..? I figured they would open it as soon as they got it. But then after I sent it I felt like an idiot for not at least putting the Application form numbers on the USPS box.

Any input would ease my mind a bit... :)

I put ATTN: AOS instead of ATTN: DACA and still got my email notification.

FSL 09-03-2012 01:35 PM

the instruction says to put ATTN: AOS when mailing. whatever that means...